Cannot find the Reboot Edition

marcelser
Private

Cannot find the Reboot Edition

Postby marcelser » Thu 14 Apr 2016 01:03

Hi,

I'm using legitimate Steam downloaded version of AOE with latest updates applied. The newsletter said that the Reboot Edition will be automatically available to all customers and we can select which version of the game we would like to play. Unlike others here in the forum I cannot find the reboot edition anywhere when act of aggression is started. We would like to try the multiplayer mode in reboot mode but I don't see where we could choose this? Can anyone press give me a hint on how to do this, please?

Thanks a lot

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Cannot find the Reboot Edition

Postby Megiddo » Thu 14 Apr 2016 01:45

In your Steam/steamapps/common/Act of Aggression directory, you should find the Reboot edition Executable.

Just create a shortcut on your desktop.

Or in the steam library, you should find a reboot option if you right click on AoA and open the menu.

:)
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

torinus
Lieutenant

Re: Cannot find the Reboot Edition

Postby torinus » Thu 14 Apr 2016 13:10

marcelser wrote:Hi,

I'm using legitimate Steam downloaded version of AOE with latest updates applied. The newsletter said that the Reboot Edition will be automatically available to all customers and we can select which version of the game we would like to play. Unlike others here in the forum I cannot find the reboot edition anywhere when act of aggression is started. We would like to try the multiplayer mode in reboot mode but I don't see where we could choose this? Can anyone press give me a hint on how to do this, please?

Thanks a lot

Reboot is accessed outside of game. When you open your list of games on Steam, find AoA click Play button. There should appear two options (Vanilla and Reboot (beta)).
If that does not work for some reason, do what Megiddo said.

If none of that works you can try to delete AoA from your HDD and tell steam to reinstall/redownload it.