Page 4 of 5

Re: New servers, new friends

Posted: Fri 25 Aug 2017 22:34
by iamthatiam
Markenzwieback wrote:
XanderTuron wrote:I don't know much about servers and server maintenance, and how much of this works so I am curious in some clarity; does Eugen run the servers themselves, or is there a third party involved who operates the servers?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/ind ... t-23082889

Eugen servers! :mrgreen:

Omg they really are amatuers. There is absolutely no excuse for such laziness.

Re: New servers, new friends

Posted: Fri 25 Aug 2017 23:12
by urogard
Arcalane wrote:Now here's what I don't get: I already have the people I play wargame with on my Steam list, but my friendlist is now 100% blank. There are no entries on it period, not even showing people as offline.

Do they need to run the game once or be online at the same time as me or something for it to recognize that we're on each others' Steam lists? Do we need to remove and readd each other or something equally ass-backwards?

As far as my observation goes...
The friend lists got wiped out completely.

You have to make a new one from scratch, at least I have to.

Re: New servers, new friends

Posted: Fri 25 Aug 2017 23:16
by captaincarnage
urogard wrote:
Do they need to run the game once or be online at the same time as me or something for it to recognize that we're on each others' Steam lists? Do we need to remove and readd each other or something equally ass-backwards?[
As far as my observation goes...
The friend lists got wiped out completely.
/quote]
You have to make a new one from scratch, at least I have to.

Likewise, no friends even steam friends, if there is some sort of special method for retrieving your friends list now would be a good time to hear it.

Re: New servers, new friends

Posted: Fri 25 Aug 2017 23:27
by Arcalane
urogard wrote:
Arcalane wrote:Now here's what I don't get: I already have the people I play wargame with on my Steam list, but my friendlist is now 100% blank. There are no entries on it period, not even showing people as offline.

Do they need to run the game once or be online at the same time as me or something for it to recognize that we're on each others' Steam lists? Do we need to remove and readd each other or something equally ass-backwards?

As far as my observation goes...
The friend lists got wiped out completely.

You have to make a new one from scratch, at least I have to.


That... doesn't really make much sense, since Normandy 44 doesn't even have an Add Friends button ingame as far as I can tell. Do I need to like. Readd people by name in Red Dragon first so I can play with them in Normandy 44 now?

Re: New servers, new friends

Posted: Sat 26 Aug 2017 09:24
by urogard
Arcalane wrote:That... doesn't really make much sense, since Normandy 44 doesn't even have an Add Friends button ingame as far as I can tell. Do I need to like. Readd people by name in Red Dragon first so I can play with them in Normandy 44 now?

Nobody knows

Other than the message announcing that our friend lists have been erased, nobody from EUG has explained how to do this "add to steam to show up in WG/SD", or even how to sync steam friend list into WG
Especially how to find people on steam if you only know their WG nick (which can be changed anytime).

Re: New servers, new friends

Posted: Sat 26 Aug 2017 14:26
by gathern
I had experienced also RAID degradation and total filesystem crash because of 2 drives failure in 16 drivers array. But this was thanks to management decisions. We in OPS were signalling that the storage array needs firmware update, but they said "fuck it maintenances cost to much" :lol:

And then ... a 2 months later storage RAID crashed because outdated firmware has some bug, which was not catching errors coming from slowly failing disk :)

So, yeah shit happends, but in our scenario we had a backup on tapes, so most critical data was restored.

Also after this incident we decided to start using RAID 5 setup which actually can survive 2 disks failure.

Re: New servers, new friends

Posted: Sat 26 Aug 2017 17:24
by urogard
Is it just me or did the friend lists and showing of stats disappear once again?

gathern wrote:Also after this incident we decided to start using RAID 5 setup which actually can survive 2 disks failure.

You mean Raid 5+hot spare? Because standard Raid 5 suffers loss of data once the second disk goes bye bye.

But anyways you don't want to be using Raid 5 on a fast changing system requiring low latency, something the EUG database (or any actively used database) probably is.

Re: New servers, new friends

Posted: Mon 28 Aug 2017 09:51
by Zaskow
I have 'Add friend' button actually, but when somebody accepts my friend request my game crashed. :lol:

Re: New servers, new friends

Posted: Mon 28 Aug 2017 11:44
by eug_begonia
Hello Zaskow,

Could you please reach our customer support with the dump file generated after the crash?

About friends, you can add them on Steam, they'll be automatically added at the next start of the game (we are working on that so you don't have to restart the game). However, a friend has to be connected to be shown in your friend list.

Re: New servers, new friends

Posted: Mon 28 Aug 2017 23:38
by Zaskow
eug_begonia wrote:Hello Zaskow,

Could you please reach our customer support with the dump file generated after the crash?

About friends, you can add them on Steam, they'll be automatically added at the next start of the game (we are working on that so you don't have to restart the game). However, a friend has to be connected to be shown in your friend list.


Thanks for answer! I did as you suggest, I hope it'll help.
Feature for steam friend is not working completely for me. My steam friend is online and even in game, but friend list in game is empty.