As announced in the December Program, you can now download the "Santa Claws" public beta!
Here are the changes you'll be able to test in this beta:
- Vehicles can now go through forests & hedgerows, but have a severe speed penalty, and armed vehicles are not able to shoot for 5 seconds.
- Vehicles' critical hits can now be repaired, by supply units only.
- Light AT units (up to 57mm) can now enter buildings.
- Decreased plane resistance, especially on bigger planes like J88 or B26.
- Adjusted vehicle off-road speed, concerning about 80% of the vehicles
- Reworked damage & critical hit systems
- Increased Short/Mid range precision
How to download the beta:
- Go on your Steam Client
- Right-click on "Steel Division: Normandy 44"
- Select "Properties"
- Click on the "BETAS" tab
- Select the "santa_claws_beta", then click on "Close"
Send us your feedback!
As you can imagine, your feedback is essential for us. When you feel that you have played enough, please take 5 minutes to answer this survey. Take your time, there's absolutely no rush.
Known issues that will be fixed in the final version:
- Repairing time may be bugged on a vehicle that suffers several critical damages at the same time.
- Bailed out units might be stationary moving or keep moving their turrets.
- Some texts in English do not already have their translations in other languages.
Thank you all for your help, and, the most important, have fun!