What's happening behind the iron curtain?

chykka
Brigadier

Re: What's happening behind the iron curtain?

Postby chykka » Sun 26 Feb 2017 05:04

nuke92 wrote:Well we have 800 votes for ColdWG of some era and modern day would mean redfor getting the hammer.

No ww2 please :roll:
The market is soaked like the bottom of the ocean.

My thought's Tbh, what would be nice is way out of Time line, I'd like WWI tbh. Or you know just extending the time line as they have done wouldn't be so difficult and most of the ground work is done. Just that whole issue of Collapse of USSR. Now you need a new 'badguy' even though Bolsheviks were actually funded by US after WWI. Instead of the Allies against them trying to get Russia back in the war.
Although everything would need to be done from the beginning, besides the engine I guess.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sun 26 Feb 2017 05:36

REDFOR would be fine for modern day. China would be MUCH better than it would be in RD, Russia has enough to be competitive with any nation. Their problem IRL is buying more than one of everything their defense industry puts out.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sun 26 Feb 2017 05:41

I probably wouldn't buy a WW2 WArgame.

WW2 is so boring now, nothing new ever comes from that genre anymore.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Sun 26 Feb 2017 12:12

Killertomato wrote:REDFOR would be fine for modern day. China would be MUCH better than it would be in RD, Russia has enough to be competitive with any nation. Their problem IRL is buying more than one of everything their defense industry puts out.

Yes, but that's about it.

NSWP collectively flips side, and it does look stupid to play a game where there's ~ 20 nations vs. 2, no matter how strong the two nations are. And no, North Korea is not a competitive option.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

anto-shturmovik
Warrant Officer

Postby anto-shturmovik » Sun 26 Feb 2017 12:24

Please, no "Modern Warfare" shit. Keep it cold war! Early cold war even! WWII is also a solid option, I'd like to see what wargame could do with this somewhat overdone setting.
Image courtesy of Vincent Meslet and Graphic.

Echo 8
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Echo 8 » Sun 26 Feb 2017 12:38

HrcAk47 wrote:
Killertomato wrote:REDFOR would be fine for modern day. China would be MUCH better than it would be in RD, Russia has enough to be competitive with any nation. Their problem IRL is buying more than one of everything their defense industry puts out.

NSWP collectively flips side, and it does look stupid to play a game where there's ~ 20 nations vs. 2, no matter how strong the two nations are. And no, North Korea is not a competitive option.

Could always pull an End War and do a European Union vs Russia + Comrades vs US + Allies

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Sun 26 Feb 2017 13:23

Would it be possible to not have two major parties but nations and coalitions?
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Sun 26 Feb 2017 13:45

thenosh wrote:Would it be possible to not have two major parties but nations and coalitions?

yes it would...

you can simply ditch all national decks and leave deck creation with coalitions+usa+ussr

47andrej
Lieutenant

Postby 47andrej » Sun 26 Feb 2017 16:10

Stay cold, stay classy.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sun 26 Feb 2017 18:06

HrcAk47 wrote:

There's no need for sides, since we're not simulating a real conflict. We can have the US, Russia, China, and coalitions. They can fight eachother just fine.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Return to “General Discussions”