What's happening behind the iron curtain?

ITz_GERMAN_stRATig
Sergeant

Re: What's happening behind the iron curtain?

Postby ITz_GERMAN_stRATig » Tue 28 Feb 2017 14:42

This map reminds me a bit of the Total war series.
But instead of winning by killing all enemy units you have to push them back far enough. Just a theory.
hi

Object199
Warrant Officer

Postby Object199 » Tue 28 Feb 2017 14:48

orcbuster wrote:Looks like they scaled down, most likely to accomodate slower vehicle movement and transportless infantry being the standard of the day, not to mention that realistic gun ranges might be a thing now without the x3 range multiplier.

Normandy 44 makes sense as a setting I guess. First game in series so we won't be getting 2000 units. More like EE with 350.

If you look at the right side it is a 1v1 match, wouldnt surprise me if it is simply a smaller map for small matches.

Sarvik
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Sarvik » Tue 28 Feb 2017 14:58

Speaking of maps, I guess there is still no hope for map editor?

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Tue 28 Feb 2017 15:16

Well little funny fact I just found, more Me-163 had be produced and developed in war time than F-22's.
Impressive considering Jet engine fuel isn't as accessible as Diesel.

Oktoberfest
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Oktoberfest » Tue 28 Feb 2017 15:26

chykka wrote:Well little funny fact I just found, more Me-163 had be produced and developed in war time than F-22's.

Well, the Me-163 had a ROCKET engine. The Me-163 had also a way higher tendency to suddenly explode at start or mid-air than the F-22... But at least it didn't poison its pilots, unlike the F-22... I guess there is always a pro/con in each machine....

Nequit
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Nequit » Tue 28 Feb 2017 15:33

Me-163 used a very interesting fuel mixture.
Because of its extreme oxidizing potential, T-Stoff was a very dangerous chemical to handle, so special rubberized suits were required when working with it, as it would react with most cloth, leather, or other combustible material and cause it to spontaneously combust.

This was because T-Stoff and C-Stoff are hypergolic propellants: they spontaneously ignite when mixed at normal temperatures. Even slight contamination between the T-Stoff oxidizer and the C-Stoff fuel was likely to cause an explosion.

It's a 'victory or Valhalla' type of an airplane.

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Tue 28 Feb 2017 15:38

Okay a rocket plane, you mean poisoned by the Aircraft Canopy or maybe like tank that exhausts into the crew ? It's light years ahead of any fighters produced at the time, I can see why maybe there is less of them, however it's been around a lot longer.
Oh I see exactly what he is talking about,
https://www.wired.com/2012/06/stealth-fighter-choke/
If they are trying filters something is leaking into the cockpit, asphyxiating the pilots. The air at high altitude is not moving it seems and long flights will probably be where you run into immediate safety concerns.
Last edited by chykka on Tue 28 Feb 2017 15:51, edited 1 time in total.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 28 Feb 2017 15:48

Whats happening to these forums :cry:
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Narcissistic 2036
Sergeant

Postby Narcissistic 2036 » Tue 28 Feb 2017 17:07

chykka wrote:Okay a rocket plane, you mean poisoned by the Aircraft Canopy or maybe like tank that exhausts into the crew ? It's light years ahead of any fighters produced at the time, I can see why maybe there is less of them, however it's been around a lot longer.
Oh I see exactly what he is talking about,
https://www.wired.com/2012/06/stealth-fighter-choke/
If they are trying filters something is leaking into the cockpit, asphyxiating the pilots. The air at high altitude is not moving it seems and long flights will probably be where you run into immediate safety concerns.

That's from 2012, no "are" about it. And by the way, that problem is long fixed and there was nothing wrong with the plane. The G-suits were too tight to allow for proper breathing for some pilots. If there were an integral problem with the jet, you'd likely see more than 18% reporting issues, if it was more than poor maintenance. Also, those pilots weren't just suffocating on long flights, and the filters didn't work-they eventually lead to charcoal from the filters breaking away and entering the pilot's lungs, hence why that was ended.

Long story short, the F-22 was fine and that's why they didn't find any issues when they grounded her. The problem, which was with the G-suit, has been fixed.
The F-35 Lightning II is better at air superiority than the F-22 Raptor. Fight me!

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Tue 28 Feb 2017 17:20

chykka wrote:Well little funny fact I just found, more Me-163 had be produced and developed in war time than F-22's.

Production numbers for everything were bigger then. Me-163 is barn door simple compared to F-22. All you need to make one is a decent machine shop and suicidal tendencies.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Return to “General Discussions”