Steel division weapon ranges and unit speeds

Falcrack
Lieutenant
Posts: 1418
Joined: Sat 18 Feb 2012 21:10
Contact:

Steel division weapon ranges and unit speeds

Postby Falcrack » Wed 1 Mar 2017 16:44

The biggest question I have regarding the new game, is with the WWII setting, can we finally get realism in terms of weapon ranges and how fast units move?


User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12406
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Steel division weapon ranges and unit speeds

Postby Mike » Thu 2 Mar 2017 22:43

ITz_GERMAN_stRATig wrote:Wrong forum.
You should better post here:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/steel-division-normandy-44.968/


We're getting our own SD forums over here eventually!
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
Rabidnid
Lieutenant
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015 21:33
Contact:

Re: Steel division weapon ranges and unit speeds

Postby Rabidnid » Fri 3 Mar 2017 02:34

Falcrack wrote:The biggest question I have regarding the new game, is with the WWII setting, can we finally get realism in terms of weapon ranges and how fast units move?



No reason why they should. At this stage it appears naval is gone, to be replaced by off map, and there will still be weapons that need their ranges to be buffed artificially to be useful. Apart from flame throwers it's not really noticeable anyway.
Image

User avatar
eMeM
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2046
Joined: Sat 24 Nov 2012 00:26
Contact:

Re: Steel division weapon ranges and unit speeds

Postby eMeM » Tue 7 Mar 2017 22:16

Rabidnid wrote:No reason why they should. At this stage it appears naval is gone, to be replaced by off map, and there will still be weapons that need their ranges to be buffed artificially to be useful. Apart from flame throwers it's not really noticeable anyway.


All weapons in Wargame series have 3.5 times less range that the armory tells you. Way smaller number of weapons would need artifical range buffs if the scale was realistic, especially on smaller and supposedly denser maps of SD.
Image

Object199
Warrant Officer
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu 7 Aug 2014 21:12
Contact:

Re: Steel division weapon ranges and unit speeds

Postby Object199 » Tue 7 Mar 2017 23:09

"Auch Sichtlinien und Schussreichweiten spielen eine wichtige Rolle und lassen sich direkt auf der Karte anzeigen, indem man eine Taste gedrückt hält."
- gamestar, another trashy online gaming magazine

--> LoS and firing range getting displayed when holding down a certain key.

Nice quality of life addition, although it lessens the advantage of experience.
Image

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12406
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Steel division weapon ranges and unit speeds

Postby Mike » Tue 7 Mar 2017 23:16

Object199 wrote:"Auch Sichtlinien und Schussreichweiten spielen eine wichtige Rolle und lassen sich direkt auf der Karte anzeigen, indem man eine Taste gedrückt hält."
- gamestar, another trashy online gaming magazine

--> LoS and firing range getting displayed when holding down a certain key.

Nice quality of life addition, although it lessens the advantage of experience.


Nice to add back something they had in Ruse. (LOS for recon and where they can fire at for all units.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests