Phases in SD

Fade2Gray
General

Re: Phases in SD

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 10 Mar 2017 02:30

codextero wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:At least in SupCom:FA the end game units were not such pure cheese.

Yea they were, the seraphim super bot kills everything and costs pennies compared to other experimental's.

The walker or the bomber? The walker gets nuked by strats (and plenty of other things), the bomber gets nuked by ASFs. The bot was more of a gimmick than anything else with the "Death Spark" it had.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Fri 10 Mar 2017 04:22

If you look at this screenshot: http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/image-stee ... 9727i.html

You'll notice that the M10 appears three times. It seems if you choose to make in available in Phase A, you only get two, but if push it to Phase B or C, you can get 4 and 6 respectively. Also if you look the the infantry, if you decided to make them Phase C exclusive, you get the same amount of troops, but it appears they come upvetted.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Fri 10 Mar 2017 04:52

Mike wrote:If you look at this screenshot: http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/image-stee ... 9727i.html

You'll notice that the M10 appears three times. It seems if you choose to make in available in Phase A, you only get two, but if push it to Phase B or C, you can get 4 and 6 respectively. Also if you look the the infantry, if you decided to make them Phase C exclusive, you get the same amount of troops, but it appears they come upvetted.

Yeah I noticed that too. That looks like a really weird setup though, the only AT units available in phase A are 4 Wolverines? Not the AT guns? Also the activation points scare me, only 36? I feel like the game will be too small scale to satisfy the large battle fantasy I love in RTS games.

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Fri 10 Mar 2017 05:24

Alb had 33 in mix decks and Ee only had 25. 36 could be okay depending how the card cost is.

another505

Postby another505 » Fri 10 Mar 2017 05:26

seems like interesting design

would make marine/airborne/moto decks more viable for WG too
Of Salt

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri 10 Mar 2017 05:31

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:
Mike wrote:If you look at this screenshot: http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/image-stee ... 9727i.html

Yeah I noticed that too. That looks like a really weird setup though, the only AT units available in phase A are 4 Wolverines? Not the AT guns? Also the activation points scare me, only 36? I feel like the game will be too small scale to satisfy the large battle fantasy I love in RTS games.

Maybe that division didn't have lighter AT guns? Look in the upper left hand corner. You'll see 57mm towed AT guns for phase A. But the activation points aren't a worry for me at the moment since we have no clue on card cost and all that.
Courtesy of KattiValk

KampfKeksKrieger
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Fri 10 Mar 2017 14:43

It reminds me of Battleforge, with different orbs to capture to unlock stronger units. (but not with orbs here, but a constant time-factor instead)
I am so glad to see this mechanic, be able to play it again.

I remember also a fun mode of Act of war (I dont know the name anymore) where you had small skirmishes on the map with reinforcements arriving at certain time points for both sides, and depending of special positions that you had captured.

This way, you could concentrate on micro, very very good, and no need for base building, but that worked wonders.

It was a small game mode, but I could imagine a full-size game with only that game mode...
to some extend this is what steel division is... it feels like, even if its not exactly the same.

Spielführer
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Spielführer » Fri 10 Mar 2017 14:52

For Wargame, this Phase-System could also be a viable choice in the future for a remastered European Escalation :)
Soldier of passion. Diplom rerum militarium

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Fri 10 Mar 2017 15:04

Spielführer wrote:a remastered European Escalation :)

:D What a dream!

KampfKeksKrieger
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Fri 10 Mar 2017 15:04

I like the game how it is. I really love it!

But I see something coming with those phases:
The Idea of having my Superheavy entering the game only in the last 5 minutes of a game, drinking coffee while sleeping onto the front and having, either in a win or a loss situation, no time to show more than how pretty it looks.

Somehow, I find that heavy tanks are on its best glance, if they survive and shoot the whole game, while being supported by the rest.
But that is not serious (for me).

I only remember that the superunits in battleforge were game closers, and you never had a worthy competing army to show their enormous power, because either the one or the other force was dead in a second, and you had no real fights, but the first glimpse of those creatures already killed the players... the one succesful player won, and the others surrendered before the game was finish.
Not sure, if I am allowed to compare those 2 games though...

Return to “General Discussions”