Division Designing/Editing

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Division Designing/Editing

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 9 Mar 2017 15:53

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:So any German panzer division can attach a schwere Panzerabteilungen (heavy tank battalion I just love the German name) and get access to Tigers?

Not all.

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Thu 9 Mar 2017 16:10

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Sweedish_Gunner wrote:So any German panzer division can attach a schwere Panzerabteilungen (heavy tank battalion I just love the German name) and get access to Tigers?

Not all.

Ooh. What are the requirements then? Or can't you tell us yet? :geek:

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 9 Mar 2017 17:06

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:Ooh. What are the requirements then? Or can't you tell us yet? :geek:

It's not a matter of can or can't. It is about whether he will do it or not.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 9 Mar 2017 17:07

Razzmann wrote:
Sweedish_Gunner wrote:Ooh. What are the requirements then? Or can't you tell us yet? :geek:

It's not a matter of can or can't. It is about whether he will do it or not.

Nor is it a matter of will or will not, its about whether he can troll or troll not.

codextero
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby codextero » Thu 9 Mar 2017 19:10

Would be "flavor killing" if that was indeed true. The Wehrmacht only had a dozen or so heavy tank battalions for both fronts, and there are only 3 Tiger battalions in all of Normany, SS 101, SS 102, and 503 which switched to Tiger 2's halfway through.

So if Eugen went #fullhistorical, only SS panzer divisions and one Heer panzer divisions would get tigers.

Nathan des Lessings
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Nathan des Lessings » Thu 9 Mar 2017 23:55

codextero wrote:

Would be "flavor killing" if that was indeed true. The Wehrmacht only had a dozen or so heavy tank battalions for both fronts, and there are only 3 Tiger battalions in all of Normany, SS 101, SS 102, and 503 which switched to Tiger 2's halfway through.

So if Eugen went #fullhistorical, only SS panzer divisions and one Heer panzer divisions would get tigers.

#fullhistorical would not be that bad...
At the moment there are too many heavy tanks in wargame so it would be an improvement. And heavy is not everything, there were six german divisons with panthers, the best tank in the war, at the normandy front. And you would get more of them so it will be great. Either ways.
Wer kämpft, kann verlieren. Wer nicht kämpft, hat schon verloren.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 10 Mar 2017 00:05

Nathan des Lessings wrote:panthers, the best tank in the war

Is there any definition of 'best' and 'war' for which this is true? If we're playing Top Trumps Bestest Tank then it's IS-3 or Maus or something. If we're only counting tanks that got into major active service then it's Tiger II or IS-2. If we're only counting Medium tanks as tanks for some reason it's Centurion. If we're talking about actual operational capability it's Sherman or T-34.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

Nathan des Lessings
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Nathan des Lessings » Fri 10 Mar 2017 00:07

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Sleksa wrote:Or are the attachment units availability also tied spesific divisions?

The battkegroup's basic TO&E depends on the division it is modeled on.
Yet, to balance them, we've "attached" independant battalion/regiment/brigade to most of them to provide, still historicaly, some units they might be missing. or to actually allow those attachments to make an appearance, for Jagdpanther, Königstiger, planes, US 76mm AT guns or Wolverines, naval/railroad artillery, ... weren't part of any division.
Gameplay-wise, those independant units are part of their attached division as any others, although they usually come in lower numbers.

How is this working with planes? Because divisons usually do not have their own plans. Instead a airarmy supported more than one divison? So will every divison from one nation get the same planes or will it be similar to heavy tanks, only some have these fighters but ofters the atackers?
Wer kämpft, kann verlieren. Wer nicht kämpft, hat schon verloren.

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 10 Mar 2017 00:08

FrangibleCover wrote:
Nathan des Lessings wrote:panthers, the best tank in the war

Is there any definition of 'best' and 'war' for which this is true? If we're playing Top Trumps Bestest Tank then it's IS-3 or Maus or something. If we're only counting tanks that got into major active service then it's Tiger II or IS-2. If we're only counting Medium tanks as tanks for some reason it's Centurion. If we're talking about actual operational capability it's Sherman or T-34.

Everybody got his own definition.
As for me, I would elect the T-34: maybe not always the top of its class, but always good and reliable when he wasn't, all along the war and even after.

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Fri 10 Mar 2017 01:30

I'd say M4 Sherman would have to be my pick for best tank of the war for a number of reasons; ease of manufacture, ease of maintenance, good mobility (especially on later versions) as well as the sheer upgradability of the tank coupled with respectable fire power and the fact that the ergonomics allow the crew to focus almost entirely on fighting the enemy and not their tank.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron