Page 7 of 8

Re: [DevBlog] VIP Beta announcement

Posted: Fri 10 Mar 2017 20:34
by [EUG]MadMat
raventhefuhrer wrote:I don't think you're supposed to get an e-mail until the 15th.

No, keys won't be sent before Wednesday.

Re: [DevBlog] VIP Beta announcement

Posted: Fri 10 Mar 2017 20:41
by Razzmann
[EUG]MadMat wrote:
raventhefuhrer wrote:I don't think you're supposed to get an e-mail until the 15th.

No, keys won't be sent before Wednesday.

What if we sing?

Re: [DevBlog] VIP Beta announcement

Posted: Fri 10 Mar 2017 20:46
by Mitchverr
[EUG]MadMat wrote:
raventhefuhrer wrote:I don't think you're supposed to get an e-mail until the 15th.

No, keys won't be sent before Wednesday.



Will we get to preload from recieving the key in the morning or is it a "keys when you get them even if its several hours post start of beta"?

Been in betas which did both these things before, highly dislike the latter for obvious reasons of missing several hours of gametime :)

Re: [DevBlog] VIP Beta announcement

Posted: Fri 10 Mar 2017 21:12
by raventhefuhrer
[EUG]MadMat wrote:No, keys won't be sent before Wednesday.


Cool, thanks for the info.

Re: [DevBlog] VIP Beta announcement

Posted: Fri 10 Mar 2017 21:13
by HrcAk47
Mitchverr wrote:
Will we get to preload from recieving the key in the morning or is it a "keys when you get them even if its several hours post start of beta"?

Been in betas which did both these things before, highly dislike the latter for obvious reasons of missing several hours of gametime :)


It will (most likely) be through Steam, where Steam will add SD to your library upon entering the beta key (and not before), making it available for DL.

That having been said...

"highly dislike"? "missing several hours of gametime"?
Dude. Relax and enjoy the journey.

Re: [DevBlog] VIP Beta announcement

Posted: Fri 10 Mar 2017 21:26
by Mitchverr
HrcAk47 wrote:
Mitchverr wrote:
Will we get to preload from recieving the key in the morning or is it a "keys when you get them even if its several hours post start of beta"?

Been in betas which did both these things before, highly dislike the latter for obvious reasons of missing several hours of gametime :)


It will (most likely) be through Steam, where Steam will add SD to your library upon entering the beta key (and not before), making it available for DL.

That having been said...

"highly dislike"? "missing several hours of gametime"?
Dude. Relax and enjoy the journey.


That literally has nothing to do with what i asked lol.

I know how steam works, but we get the key by EMAIL, meaning it could come to us at 11am UTC, or it could come to us in the morning of the next day depending on how eugen gives the keys out. Steam also does preloads for beta games.

Some of us dont have good internet speeds, i have buddies whom will likely take several hours to download it, so i am asking for them if they will be able to preload it so they can decide on their plans for that night (afterall, if you are going to spend the night downloading it why not go out for example, easier to go out if you can prearrange with friends too :p).

Also, its hard to enjoy said journey if you dont even get out the gate ;)

Re: [DevBlog] VIP Beta announcement

Posted: Sat 11 Mar 2017 01:55
by beeroshima
Mitchverr wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:
Mitchverr wrote:
Will we get to preload from recieving the key in the morning or is it a "keys when you get them even if its several hours post start of beta"?

Been in betas which did both these things before, highly dislike the latter for obvious reasons of missing several hours of gametime :)


It will (most likely) be through Steam, where Steam will add SD to your library upon entering the beta key (and not before), making it available for DL.

That having been said...

"highly dislike"? "missing several hours of gametime"?
Dude. Relax and enjoy the journey.


That literally has nothing to do with what i asked lol.

I know how steam works, but we get the key by EMAIL, meaning it could come to us at 11am UTC, or it could come to us in the morning of the next day depending on how eugen gives the keys out. Steam also does preloads for beta games.

Some of us dont have good internet speeds, i have buddies whom will likely take several hours to download it, so i am asking for them if they will be able to preload it so they can decide on their plans for that night (afterall, if you are going to spend the night downloading it why not go out for example, easier to go out if you can prearrange with friends too :p).

Also, its hard to enjoy said journey if you dont even get out the gate ;)



This is also of concern to me. a 20GB download takes about 10 hours for me with my turtle internet. +1 for hoping for some kind of preload

Re: [DevBlog] VIP Beta announcement

Posted: Sat 11 Mar 2017 02:05
by Mike
I'll be at university, so I'll actually have reliable Internet to use. If I used the the hard connection in the computer science lab, I could download the game in seconds. :lol:

Re: [DevBlog] VIP Beta announcement

Posted: Sat 11 Mar 2017 02:29
by Lord Helmchen
Mike wrote:I'll be at university, so I'll actually have reliable Internet to use. If I used the the hard connection in the computer science lab, I could download the game in seconds. :lol:

Do it. 8-)

Re: [DevBlog] VIP Beta announcement

Posted: Sat 11 Mar 2017 03:04
by Mike
Lord Helmchen wrote:
Mike wrote:I'll be at university, so I'll actually have reliable Internet to use. If I used the the hard connection in the computer science lab, I could download the game in seconds. :lol:

Do it. 8-)


The peak speed is loke 900MB/s. :lol: