For the next stream, I beg you...

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Re: For the next stream, I beg you...

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 2 Apr 2017 00:49

hansbroger wrote:Have two anonymous community pros play in the background while devs spectate e-sports style and comment. Proceed to fully display game while giving excellent commentary. Profit.

Extra credit dress community contributors playing in the stream with appropriate uniforms for their side with faces covered by scarf, gas mask etc so we can occupy our time until the open beta announcement with guessing​ who our community sourced WW-II Stig is.

10/10 idea, someone find Razzman a peaked cap :lol: .

I get that livestreams are all big and exciting and that's how Paradox do things but I wouldn't mind seeing a battle replay with commentary over it. It's not like they pick questions out of the chat that we don't already know the answer to most of the time. Heck, they can prerecord the replay and then livestream the commentary while showing off the new replay system (even if it's the same as the Wargame one).
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Sun 2 Apr 2017 01:03

FrangibleCover wrote:
hansbroger wrote:Have two anonymous community pros play in the background while devs spectate e-sports style and comment. Proceed to fully display game while giving excellent commentary. Profit.

Extra credit dress community contributors playing in the stream with appropriate uniforms for their side with faces covered by scarf, gas mask etc so we can occupy our time until the open beta announcement with guessing​ who our community sourced WW-II Stig is.

I get that livestreams are all big and exciting and that's how Paradox do things but I wouldn't mind seeing a battle replay with commentary over it. It's not like they pick questions out of the chat that we don't already know the answer to most of the time. Heck, they can prerecord the replay and then livestream the commentary while showing off the new replay system (even if it's the same as the Wargame one).

Given his newest accolades he's definitely got options if he's playing OKW....

It's even almost pink

Haven't found a pink Fieldwebel yet unfortunately...
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 2 Apr 2017 01:11

hansbroger wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:

Given his newest accolades he's definitely got options if he's playing OKW....

It's even almost pink

Haven't found a pink Fieldwebel yet unfortunately...

:lol:

Anyway, now I am the one in the hole:
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Gronank
Colonel

Postby Gronank » Sun 2 Apr 2017 02:09

Elukka wrote:Having players play and devs explain seems like the ideal way to go. It is some sort of universal rule that developers must be frustratingly bad at their own games. I've done a bit of game design, and when it comes to playtesting, I, uh... don't win.

Designing a game is in essence an exercise in creating a rule set that generates desired behavior in the players. The problem is that when you're creating a rule set with a behaviour in mind, you become massively biased to how the game is played and this bias becomes a restriction other players don't experience.

It is that age old divide between sandboxers who plays a game's theme and the exploiters who play the game's rules. The job of the designer is to tune the rules so that both groups play the same game, which is very difficult because you as the designer don't want to find exploits, you want the game to match your vision.

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Sun 2 Apr 2017 05:17

The latest stream looked great
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Sun 2 Apr 2017 12:21

FrangibleCover wrote:The last stream? I'm afraid that was Monsieur Le Dressay. He didn't play very well but then he didn't speak English very well and he was having to do the same sort of talking about what he was doing that hindered the Paradox guys. I didn't see him make any particular clangers though, no knifefighting Challengers, just the usual inattentive play and large point floats that would probably result from any of us having to handle ourselves remarkably well an interview in our second language while playing a round of Wargame.

He plays well usually, but there he had to do it while speaking, and in a foreign language.
I liked how his howt once commented that the more he tlaked, the more ground he was losing ... :lol:

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 2 Apr 2017 12:40

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:The last stream? I'm afraid that was Monsieur Le Dressay. He didn't play very well but then he didn't speak English very well and he was having to do the same sort of talking about what he was doing that hindered the Paradox guys. I didn't see him make any particular clangers though, no knifefighting Challengers, just the usual inattentive play and large point floats that would probably result from any of us having to handle ourselves remarkably well an interview in our second language while playing a round of Wargame.

He plays well usually, but there he had to do it while speaking, and in a foreign language.
I liked how his howt once commented that the more he tlaked, the more ground he was losing ... :lol:

Are you even allowed to make fun of your boss like that? :P

Erich Honecker
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Erich Honecker » Sun 2 Apr 2017 13:37

Razzmann wrote:Are you even allowed to make fun of your boss like that? :P

Ban Razzmann for this joke pls.

FLX
Lieutenant General

Postby FLX » Sun 2 Apr 2017 15:27

Razzmann wrote:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:

Are you even allowed to make fun of your boss like that? :P

Alexis plays better than many in the studio so they can't make fun of him.
I once suggested to negotiate my raise through a 1v1 on Red Dragon, I remember his answer :
"Good idea, but only if you convince everyone to make the same deal !" :mrgreen:
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Mon 3 Apr 2017 08:21

FLX wrote:Alexis plays better than many in the studio so they can't make fun of him.
I once suggested to negotiate my raise through a 1v1 on Red Dragon, I remember his answer :
"Good idea, but only if you convince everyone to make the same deal !" :mrgreen:

Alexis focus on important battles ... so shit happens on livestreams 8-) :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”