Air-/Antiair balancing

KattiValk
General

Re: Air-/Antiair balancing

Postby KattiValk » Mon 10 Apr 2017 21:30

Mike wrote:Maybe they have a 90mm AAA piece in one of the US divisions?
Out of the three US divisions, we've already seen the entire roster for the 3AD, a deck from the 2ID, and we know the 101st is the third. No evidence of the 90mm has been shown thus far, and I doubt the 101st will be getting heavy AA pieces.

Razzmann wrote:Not yet
Do you think the Allied 88mm is actually going to be in the multiplayer? It kind of sounds like a 101st Airborne campaign unit.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 10 Apr 2017 22:30

KattiValk wrote:
Out of the three US divisions, we've already seen the entire roster for the 3AD, a deck from the 2ID, and we know the 101st is the third. No evidence of the 90mm has been shown thus far, and I doubt the 101st will be getting heavy AA pieces.

Out of the four US equipped divisions though...

2DB are going to be pretty good, I suspect.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 11 Apr 2017 00:24

FrangibleCover wrote:
KattiValk wrote:

Out of the four US equipped divisions though...

Troll/10 if the French get a 90mm.
Courtesy of KattiValk

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 11 Apr 2017 01:04

FrangibleCover wrote:Out of the four US equipped divisions though...

To say that I'd be impressed if they got it would be an understatement.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Tue 11 Apr 2017 01:18

KattiValk wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:Out of the four US equipped divisions though...

To say that I'd be impressed if they got it would be an understatement.

I seem to recall MadMat confirmed they've got a Bofors Portee, I'm pretty sure they're not getting the 90mm but I won't totally discount the possibility.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

PzAz04Maus
Lieutenant

Postby PzAz04Maus » Tue 11 Apr 2017 02:22

There's currently a glitch that I've found in 10v10 maps where the fighters spawn on the wrong side of the map. I've had multiple times where fighters just parallel the entire front line until they get to the objective.

As it stands, I've not had much success with AA in the face of concentrated air power. 4 Stacks of P-47s destroy ADNs with impunity and you can't intercept them by the time they're spotted. All you can do is make an air patrol with 4 of your own aircraft. I was hoping that Eugen's new system would help mend the rift between all the game sizes, and to a large extent, it may have - save for that sort of inanity.

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Sun 16 Apr 2017 16:12

I really hope here will be quick a rebalance. Actually there is a division with good planes in A phase which dominate the battles :twisted: And not really something to stop them ...

HaryPL
Lieutenant

Postby HaryPL » Sun 16 Apr 2017 23:43

"Typhoon train knows no brakes."

Sadly. It really needs to be addressed, it kills most of fun when Allied aircraft do whatever the hell they want over the front-line; including turning above it to get angle for side-shots; while Axis BF109s series struggle not to 5sec-evac when they come anywhere close the Tripolsten or Bosfor in dire hope of shooting something down.

Last Axis game the 3 Wirblinds and 2 88s scored null (granted there were some hedges but from time to time they managed to open up on a single plane.. to no avail..)
Game before when I was doing Scotts and a goddamn Command Stuart and Priest Hotwizer got a BF109 each.. with the 'whole' two tri-Polstens, that were the only other AA around, got split on another one.. and 2 of them were clean-fighter BF109s that tried to chase my Typhoons.

This is game and not historical role-play of events, so please.. adjust the balance accordingly.

As for idea from top of my head, increase 88's chance to kill enemy plane and make 1 hit from it enough to force evac any on non-elite plane.. unless you are (suicidal) ace you would rather break off attack run when 88 explodes under your wing and almost turns yourself upside down than continue to target only to be morale-forced-out after you drop your payload.

Also nerf the Polsten and 0.50 cals and Scotts - motorized deck - having more capable fighters than an airborne deck..

Cullen's Hound
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Cullen's Hound » Tue 18 Apr 2017 22:34

Im thinking there is way too much air in this game in general. Especially in contrast to artillery observer vehicles and off board artillery, which have a limited amount of salvos. Im fine with losing a little realism in exchange for fun, but there is nothing I have ever seen that justifies the bomber trains that occur in the C phase. Ground attack aircraft should be buffed in damage and tied to a ground observer with limited sorties just like off board artillery.

HaryPL
Lieutenant

Postby HaryPL » Fri 21 Apr 2017 00:00

Back to page one.

How do you feel the issue after the last patch?
IMO Bosfors seem in a pretty decent spot as far as mainstay AAA goes, they feel like proper balance of range and stunning power and 2 or 3 of them, depending on other assets, seem to provide adequate shield for 1-2 enemy planes sorties; as well as very decent blockade for enemy fighters trying to chase escaping bombers.

Flak37(mm) seems similar albeit worse, instead 1-2 you apparently still need 3 or 4 to force a withdrawal of enemy planes and even then there is good chance that bomber will manage to drop it's presents.

Flak20(mm) still not only feels but is a piece of garbage; there is almost no point in choosing them unless you want expensive FSV due to lack of others.. enemy planes can make circles above them and red bar won't move even to a 1/3rd of capacity; also forget about using them to support your Fighter crafts as their effect on enemy fighters is less than marginal; if not non-existing altogether.
There's not a single good thing about this weapon and I would gladly take 0.50 over them in a blink of the eye

Return to “General Discussions”