Flank Acc. Bonus & Fixing Criticals

Medan
Warrant Officer

Flank Acc. Bonus & Fixing Criticals

Postby Medan » Mon 10 Apr 2017 14:25

Morning.

I wanted to reiterate some of the same feedback I left on the forums after the last beta. The game is in a great place right now, but I still believe a significantly "flanking" or "ambush" bonus to accuracy is needed for a positional game like Steel Division. If you properly ambush a tank, you should be facing 70 to 80% odds, not 40 to 50%, it's just too inconsistent. Players should be incentivized for making good tactical choices.

As a quality of life, I would also like to see supply trucks fix "criticals". I understand why infantry are not reinforced by supply trucks, but allow in field fixes, it doesn't break immersion and makes the game flow better.

Keep up the good work Eugen.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Flank Acc. Bonus & Fixing Criticals

Postby Mike » Mon 10 Apr 2017 21:17

I really do wish there is some way to reinforce infantry squads or at least combine them.
Courtesy of KattiValk

PzAz04Maus
Lieutenant

Postby PzAz04Maus » Tue 11 Apr 2017 09:59

Mike wrote:I really do wish there is some way to reinforce infantry squads or at least combine them.

+1. I think that is one of the biggest flaws of Steel Division

Temujin
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Temujin » Tue 11 Apr 2017 10:37

Same here. I understand why you can't have a truck bring in more soldiers. It's kind of unrealistic, but having a squad with one man is useless and even less realistic. A combine ability would be good, but it adds more mechanics to operate in a game already full with little things to do. Simply reinforcing a unit seems to be a better solution for me.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Tue 11 Apr 2017 11:31

Mike wrote:combine them.

I'd support this feature, so long as you can only combine homogeneous units. I'm pretty sure that reforming ad-hoc squads from the survivors of depleted ones was something that happened on the battlefield and it would be very handy. I don't think it's a UI overcomplication, we basically just need the group button back from Wargame: Drag select the depleted squads, hit the button, watch as the game sticks them into groups of ten or nine or whatever. Maybe make them take a veterancy hit when you do it.

Battlefield reinforcement is eh, that sort of stuff didn't happen and I'm happier with SD's system of ammo distribution just happening to have exactly the right shells in the back of the truck than the old supply system being able to convert fuel from a HEMMT into specially trained and equipped LSTR, or in this case turning airborne jeep supply crates into Fs.Pz.Aufk or whatever they're called.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 11 Apr 2017 20:05

FrangibleCover wrote:
Mike wrote:combine them.

I'd support this feature, so long as you can only combine homogeneous units. I'm pretty sure that reforming ad-hoc squads from the survivors of depleted ones was something that happened on the battlefield and it would be very handy. I don't think it's a UI over complication, we basically just need the group button back from Wargame: Drag select the depleted squads, hit the button, watch as the game sticks them into groups of ten or nine or whatever. Maybe make them take a veterancy hit when you do it.

Battlefield reinforcement is eh, that sort of stuff didn't happen and I'm happier with SD's system of ammo distribution just happening to have exactly the right shells in the back of the truck than the old supply system being able to convert fuel from a HEMMT into specially trained and equipped LSTR, or in this case turning airborne jeep supply crates into Fs.Pz.Aufk or whatever they're called.

Yeah, just combining two 5 man Rifle squads into one full strength unit.
Courtesy of KattiValk

DasaKamov
Command Sergeant Major

Postby DasaKamov » Tue 11 Apr 2017 20:46

I'd be in favor of splitting Critical damage into a "Minor, Reparable" and "Major, Not Repairable" classification.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

Return to “General Discussions”