Why the Jumbo needs a big change @Eugen

Woozle
Captain

Re: Why the Jumbo needs a big change @Eugene

Postby Woozle » Fri 14 Apr 2017 05:34

A. Just side shot it, I'm serious, you should always have AT guns on the flanks of your advance or in a spot where they can enfilade enemy tanks try to attack.

B. I disagree with the premise that the game should be balanced around 1v1.

Cullen's Hound
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Cullen's Hound » Fri 14 Apr 2017 05:53

I'm wondering why the 12th has no Tiger 1e, they did have them in Normandy and they are what the Jumbo was uparmored against.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Fri 14 Apr 2017 06:06

Cullen's Hound wrote:I'm wondering why the 12th has no Tiger 1e, they did have them in Normandy and they are what the Jumbo was uparmored against.

They wouldn't be anything over the Panther really.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Operation Ivy
Master Sergeant

Postby Operation Ivy » Fri 14 Apr 2017 14:09

You will only rarely see Tiger E's, because they are a overpriced piece of garbage. It is inferior to the Panther in every way.

Somehow Eugen is taxing AP and Accuracy by a lot but Armor barely at all. Armor however is at least as important than the other 2 factors.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 14 Apr 2017 16:38

Operation Ivy wrote:Range and AP seem to be way over taxed.

Remember that the closer you get, the more accuracy (and AP). The accuracy rating is the max range accuracy. As such, if two units the same accuracy (or AP) but different ranges, at the same range the higher ranged unit will be more accurate (or have better AP).
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Fri 14 Apr 2017 17:01

Operation Ivy wrote:You will only rarely see Tiger E's, because they are a overpriced piece of garbage. It is inferior to the Panther in every way.

Somehow Eugen is taxing AP and Accuracy by a lot but Armor barely at all. Armor however is at least as important than the other 2 factors.

Do I need to understand that Tiger is inferior to Panther because of misrepresented armour ?
Because if that's the case you're wrong. Tiger had, a worst gun, a worst frontal arc of armour and a worse mobility. Tiger armour is better than Panther's if angled, which might have happened but is not something common for anyone to do during a battle.

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Fri 14 Apr 2017 17:03

The 88mm may be worse in tank vs tank combat, but it's certainly not worse against infantry and AT guns.

Darkmil
Brigadier

Postby Darkmil » Fri 14 Apr 2017 17:16

Bougnas wrote:The 88mm may be worse in tank vs tank combat, but it's certainly not worse against infantry and AT guns.

Yep, that will probably be on of the only advantages of Tiger I's in the game.

Operation Ivy
Master Sergeant

Postby Operation Ivy » Fri 14 Apr 2017 18:09

DeuZerre wrote:
Operation Ivy wrote:Range and AP seem to be way over taxed.

Remember that the closer you get, the more accuracy (and AP). The accuracy rating is the max range accuracy. As such, if two units the same accuracy (or AP) but different ranges, at the same range the higher ranged unit will be more accurate (or have better AP).

Remember that the further away you are, AP is getting more and more useless. I seriously don't see a reason why Armor should be less taxed than any other major stat. Especially not as low as it is now.

Afaik the Tiger I will "only" have 16 AP and 13 FAV (so less than a churchill) at whooping price of 280. Why would you ever pick a Tiger I over a Panther?.

Temujin
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Temujin » Fri 14 Apr 2017 18:21

Medan wrote:I really want to see how all the divisions play out before discussing the balancing of units. Jumbos weren't much of an issue in the CBT when you were facing much larger guns.

Exaclty this. Jumbos might be OP in this current division set up, but that's not how the full game will be.

Return to “General Discussions”