[SD44] Hotfix patch #2

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

[SD44] Hotfix patch #2

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Mon 24 Apr 2017 15:44

This hotfix doesn't change the version number.

- Fixed several crashes

blktothefuture
Private

Re: [SD44] Hotfix patch #2

Postby blktothefuture » Mon 24 Apr 2017 16:43

Hey just a casual second world war aficianado here... I dont think the game will be complete without prepared positions as in sand bag and trench fortifications as well as mines and other defensive tactics. I understand you want the gameplay to be dynamic and fluid but infantry, especially pioneers or engineers, should be able to deploy or build these defences. Also your line of sight system needs a little tweeking still, im running into issues where a single tree or a small cluster of trees is blocking the view of a tank or AT gun i have positioned in them. Seriously guys this is normandy, the Germans had been preparing a defence for a matter of years... I hope you dont think you can get away by just placing a cluster of damaged bunkers here and there and call that enough. Finally, for realisms sake, why cant the vehicles which bring infantry and equipment onto the battle field just leave the field after they deploy? Anyways i dont even think this is the right place to gripe like this as these concerns will probably go unseen, but just in case you do see it I think its worth it to mention that your game has the potential to be quite phenomenal, as in top 5 RTS' ever made. Although whats stopping it from just being a wargame reskin at this point?

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Mon 24 Apr 2017 23:57

blktothefuture wrote:Hey just a casual second world war aficionado here... I don't think the game will be complete without prepared positions as in sand bag and trench fortifications as well as mines and other defensive tactics. I understand you want the gameplay to be dynamic and fluid but infantry, especially pioneers or engineers, should be able to deploy or build these defences. Also your line of sight system needs a little tweaking still, I'm running into issues where a single tree or a small cluster of trees is blocking the view of a tank or AT gun i have positioned in them. Seriously guys this is normandy, the Germans had been preparing a defence for a matter of years... I hope you don't think you can get away by just placing a cluster of damaged bunkers here and there and call that enough. Finally, for realism's sake, why can't the vehicles which bring infantry and equipment onto the battlefield just leave the field after they deploy? Anyways I don't even think this is the right place to gripe like this as these concerns will probably go unseen, but just in case you do see it I think it's worth it to mention that your game has the potential to be quite phenomenal, as in top 5 RTS' ever made. Although what's stopping it from just being a wargame reskin at this point?

The entire basis for this game and the preceding Wargame series is to model meeting engagements. There would be no time to lay sandbags or dig trenches in the time it takes to complete a multiplayer match. Tanks can't drive into forest or thick hedgerows in game. The issue of vehicles just disappearing is a topic at the moment. And this is definitely not a Wargame reskin. Quite a few fundamental changes to the game to say it's just Wargame.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Aikmofobi
Lieutenant

Postby Aikmofobi » Tue 25 Apr 2017 02:31

blktothefuture wrote:-snip-

Press T to entrench is just ridiculous. It takes literally hours to dig even a small trench.
That being said, loads of already-on-map bunkers, pillboxes and entire strongpoints with kill zones would be fantastic scenery and useful gameplaywise at the same time.

Return to “General Discussions”