Ranked Allies vs. Allies / Axis vs. Axis?

Operation Ivy
Master Sergeant

Ranked Allies vs. Allies / Axis vs. Axis?

Postby Operation Ivy » Sun 30 Apr 2017 22:46

GrRreeetings,

I was wondering if there was any word concerning if there will be allies vs allies / axis vs axis in ranked. Considering that there was Blue vs Blue in wargame it might be like it. However even when you had a blue vs blue match, the unit diversity kept it interesting. Something that will probably be lacking in SD. You have diversity as well but not nearly on the same level as wargame.

I therefor hope, that it will be limited to axis vs allies. The asymmetrical balance is something i really like about SD so far.

captaincarnage
Major

Re: Ranked Allies vs. Allies / Axis vs. Axis?

Postby captaincarnage » Sun 30 Apr 2017 23:40

Well unless ranked turns out to be wildly popular all this will achieve is to make the waiting for a game longer and possibly less balanced between player levels than it is already.

I don't have a problem doing axis vs axis or allied vs allied for the sake of getting a game, it also feels like the Axis divisions released so far are less well rounded than some of the allied divisions which makes them harder to make work in 1v1.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

Operation Ivy
Master Sergeant

Postby Operation Ivy » Mon 1 May 2017 00:04

This can go the other way as well though. You might get a game faster if you have no limitations and therefor a bigger player pool, but you could also reduce the player pool by it because playing panzer grens vs panzer grens is not so much fun really. Mirror matches in general are not very popular. Ofc a bad balanced game will also hurt the player pool by a lot and i agree that allies currently have the better divisions but we can wait and look how the other divisions will turn out.

Tigga
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tigga » Wed 3 May 2017 13:56

I sure hope not. HS 129 against SS Panzer in Phase A sounds even less fun than the spitfire bomber.

I think it's best if the game is balanced around Axis vs Allies. I also don't enjoy mirror matches.

ALB and EE had it right.

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Wed 3 May 2017 14:27

I despise mirror matches too. Back in EE's days, it wasn't that hard to find opponents in ranked mode. It changed after the release of ALB since erveryone migrated on it.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 3 May 2017 14:51

I've always thought of mirror matches in Wargame as being an inter-unit training exercise. From a historical perspective I'd support German mirror matches where you can't call in any vehicles because you don't have the fuel for training and Allied mirror matches on special English maps where you can drive through and draw limited line of sight through the hedgerows :lol:.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Operation Ivy
Master Sergeant

Postby Operation Ivy » Wed 3 May 2017 21:49

Is there any word from the devs concerning this?

Considering that the quick match includes mirrors i tend to lose hope that ranked will be any different and this would be a major point for me if i return the game or not.

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Wed 3 May 2017 22:40

Not happy that quick match does mirror match ups, i can live with ranked but its not attractive for regular games in the slightest,
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

Desty
Warrant Officer

Postby Desty » Thu 4 May 2017 07:20

captaincarnage wrote:Not happy that quick match does mirror match ups, i can live with ranked but its not attractive for regular games in the slightest,

The 3rd time 21st vs 21st in a row was enough for me :lol: back to lobby :roll:

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Thu 4 May 2017 10:58

Yep... Mirror matches in Quick Match are a big error.

Return to “General Discussions”