Introducing: Steel Division Wiki (ow, my back)

scottslater
Corporal

Re: Introducing: Steel Division Wiki (ow, my back)

Postby scottslater » Sat 6 May 2017 04:05

This is awesome, thanks for the effort. Something that might be helpful is to have a unit roster on each Divisions' page after the Commander info.
Give me Freedom or give me Death.

Tagaziel
Corporal

Postby Tagaziel » Wed 10 May 2017 15:57

Ask and ye shall receive (sorry for the delay, had to wrap up another project in the meantime):

https://steeldivision.gamepedia.com/2e_ ... #Artillery

I haven't done the other divisions yet, 'cause I'm not entirely satisfied with the breakdown. Apart from remaking it - probably with unit icons that allow for previewing their special traits etc. - I'm not sure the layout is intuitive enough... Thoughts?

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Wed 7 Jun 2017 03:32

I didn't find any flame tanks in the Wiki, I understand some didn't work so well but some chassis were converted. At least for axis, I saw Crocodile but no flammpanzer?

I did a bit of looking into it, I don't see much about Axis using Flame tanks on the west front if Normandy. However there were a few maybe stationed near Italy. There was some used in battle of Bulge I found, however it seems like flame tanks had their own companies part of Army Group G.

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Wed 7 Jun 2017 04:37

chykka wrote:I didn't find any flame tanks in the Wiki, I understand some didn't work so well but some chassis were converted. At least for axis, I saw Crocodile but no flammpanzer?

I did a bit of looking into it, I don't see much about Axis using Flame tanks on the west front if Normandy. However there were a few maybe stationed near Italy. There was some used in battle of Bulge I found, however it seems like flame tanks had their own companies part of Army Group G.

There are some half tracks for the Germans which have flamethrowers mounted, i don't know that the Germans ever went as far as mounting a flame thrower on a tank chassis.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

Tagaziel
Corporal

Postby Tagaziel » Wed 7 Jun 2017 18:17

chykka wrote:I didn't find any flame tanks in the Wiki, I understand some didn't work so well but some chassis were converted. At least for axis, I saw Crocodile but no flammpanzer?

Ha, that was a missing category. I've added it:

https://steeldivision.gamepedia.com/Cat ... ower_units

It does have my <3 Char B1 <3 so I can play happily. And yep, the Germans did put a flamethrower on it, replacing the howitzer:

http://www.worldwarphotos.info/wp-conte ... panzer.jpg

Still one of my favorite tanks.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 14 Jun 2017 23:58

Just letting you know, I believe that there are some units that have different phases depending on what Division they appear in. Good example is the Stug III G
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

iSoDA
Corporal

Postby iSoDA » Thu 15 Jun 2017 14:53

Holy moly! Nice freaking job !!

Tagaziel
Corporal

Postby Tagaziel » Wed 28 Jun 2017 11:20

Thank you. I burned out on the game a bit, but now I'm back and updated all Allied divisions with their loadouts. Big thanks to Okaypilgrim on the wiki for encouraging it and providing helpful debugging when Excel decided to be a bad creature.

The W:AB Noob wrote:Just letting you know, I believe that there are some units that have different phases depending on what Division they appear in. Good example is the Stug III G

Yeah, I'm probably going to either remove it or adjust it by hand in each of the unit articles. I need to sleep on it, there's about six hundred articles to update then. ;)

iSoDA
Corporal

Postby iSoDA » Wed 12 Jul 2017 10:44

Hey. If i click in the left on "how to play" it redirects me to a blank page but if I click on the main page on the image on "how to play" it's loading page. Could you fix that? and could you add a page on how HE, attack, armor, etc works?

Tagaziel
Corporal

Postby Tagaziel » Tue 25 Jul 2017 16:46

iSoDA wrote:Hey. If i click in the left on "how to play" it redirects me to a blank page but if I click on the main page on the image on "how to play" it's loading page. Could you fix that? and could you add a page on how HE, attack, armor, etc works?

Apologies for my tardiness! I've fixed the link. As for the mechanics, I did write one here:

https://steeldivision.gamepedia.com/Combat

Of course, that's a whole lot of text, so... Maybe I need to make more illustrations.