Steel Division sales...

Erich Honecker
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Steel Division sales...

Postby Erich Honecker » Thu 15 Jun 2017 22:04

Crotou wrote:Feels like any Eugen/RTS game in the past 5 years.

But SD is ded too early.

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Thu 15 Jun 2017 22:13

SD is not ded. Or unded ?

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Thu 15 Jun 2017 22:51

By this time RD had allmost double that of SD :?

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/572410,251060#All

still better than DOW 3 :lol:

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/572410,285190#All
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Fri 16 Jun 2017 00:20

Honestly I feel like they could have revisited Act of Aggression, Eugen does best over already deployed products as this allows them to focus on polishing and improving the already existing content, look at the Wargame series, it's built over hard won experience, and while some people claim it's unbalanced it still has enough charm to keep a lot of people playing the game.

About that pool, if you notice early 90s and Modern timeframe can all be covered easily, even get a bit of the low scifi segment, Generals did that in the sense you got a games sytled 20-minutes-into-the-future which was great to play while still keeping the feeling you were into modern warfare, yes, I know the game was quite unrealistic in many aspects, but most people don't really know about military matters and even then they are willing to let the suspension of unbelief do his job.

thenosh
Lieutenant

Postby thenosh » Fri 16 Jun 2017 09:25

Steel Division is a thing for itself. I played it in beta but it simply couldn't stick to it. I felt like constantly throwing massive amounts of units to the frontline and at some point the match was over. When the full game released it came to the point where I didn't touch it anymore, and prefered to go for a couple of rounds in Red Dragon. SD sure is better than AoA (I told you during the beta phase that this won't turn out good!!), but can't grab me either. I'll just sit and wait for another wargame.
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 16 Jun 2017 09:33

McNash wrote:Honestly I feel like they could have revisited Act of Aggression

Don't make me laugh...

Nationalfeiertag
Corporal

Postby Nationalfeiertag » Fri 16 Jun 2017 09:48

Dead Dragon carried a lot of players from previous series whilst Meme Division has shifted away from thematics of the series and introduced quite a few profound changes to core gameplay. It was going pretty okay actually before a certain group of people didn't break the matchmaking.

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hidden Gunman » Fri 16 Jun 2017 09:59

thenosh wrote:Steel Division is a thing for itself. I played it in beta but it simply couldn't stick to it. I felt like constantly throwing massive amounts of units to the frontline and at some point the match was over. When the full game released it came to the point where I didn't touch it anymore, and prefered to go for a couple of rounds in Red Dragon. SD sure is better than AoA (I told you during the beta phase that this won't turn out good!!), but can't grab me either. I'll just sit and wait for another wargame.

That happens in betas, and in internal beta testing as well...burnout is a fact.
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

Grosnours
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Grosnours » Fri 16 Jun 2017 11:30

Razzmann wrote:Which is surprising to me, considering that outside of balance, the game feels very polished to me. And it is not like any of the Wargames have been stellar in terms of balance at release, no?

I'm not sure it's a solely question of balance. I'd say it's a question of fun. That and many other things:
- The meta between the game's release and the recent patch has been horrid.
- The "confusion" (I'm being polite) about the state of matchmaking and lobbies led to the usual pubstomping and other uncomfortable situations.
- There's the usual steep learning curve for newcomers.
- There's a wargame fatigue. "What it's the Nth episode and they still didn't get this or that right ?" has been a common reaction.
- There's much more competition on the front of WW2 games. The relative originality of the wargames settings has now been diluted.

It's quite an unjust situation for the most polished (mechanisms-wise) title but there it is, the crowd has become much less forgiving with the years and circumstances.

Sleksa
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sleksa » Fri 16 Jun 2017 14:32

Grosnours wrote:It's quite an unjust situation for the most polished (mechanisms-wise) title but there it is, the crowd has become much less forgiving with the years and circumstances.

Some of things have also taken a step backwards in my opinion. For example the facing AI to me was fairly simple in wargame and never really caused problems, but in SD I feel like i have to keep an eye on every single tank 24/7 to ensure they don't turn their ass towards some at weapon shooting at them because there's a invisible at squad 23m closer than the at gun. Due to the stabs system in wargame, it was also a lot easier to "correct" any such behaviour if it was found, as one could simply give reverse/move, shoot commands to correct the behaviour without needing to restart the aiming process. Since this doesn't exist in SD, it's extremely punishing to stop the aiming process to force-reorient while the other unit gets a "freebie" shot.

Similiar thing happened with the SD's "realistic panic ai" that makes units reverse at half panic meter. This in itself could maybe be acceptable, but when there's an option to overtake the ai by force targeting / attack moving again, it only creates unnecessary need for micro and focus/attention.

Return to “General Discussions”