"The Duellists" update is now available! (v.82672)

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

"The Duellists" update is now available! (v.82672)

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 28 Jun 2017 13:16

CONTENT
  • New “Duellists” 1v1 & 2v2/3v3 variants of the Carpiquet & Sainte-Mère-Eglise maps.
  • Carpiquet & Pegasus now available in 10v10.
  • New Axis vs. Axis & Allies vs. Allies 10v10 servers added.
  • Spanish language added

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIXES
  • Fixed a bug preventing the s.FH396(r) from firing at its maximum range.
  • Fixed a bug regarding the Besa HMG's AP value.
  • Fixed a bug hiding an allied unit's ghost' name & weapons.
  • Fixed a bug instantly removing a dead infantry unit in a city block, instead of having it greyed first like others.
  • Fixed a freeze sometimes occurring when deactivating some sound peripherals.
  • Fixed a crash occurring with towed units.
  • Fixed a bug allowing planes to fly through mountains after a diving attack.
  • Fixed a crash for invited players occurring when the search started while looking for someone to invite.
  • Fixed a bug displaying empty players' name with "NEUTRAL" in replays.
  • Fixed a plane behavior bug: when one loses its target before entering on-map, it now exists the map through the proper air corridor.
  • Fixed a bug displaying "LIVE" on a replay.
  • Removed the ability to save a game after having surrendered, which resulted in a corrupted save.
  • Fixed the "Level up" display in French.
  • Fixing a display bug in the "lost password" window.
  • Fixing the Destruction mode's hint.
  • Fixing the AT rockets' hint.
  • Once a solo mission is complete, the next one is automatically selected in the missions' list after the debriefing screen.
  • Fixed a score display bug in the final German solo mission.
  • Fixed some rare crashes or freezes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BALANCE

This patch focuses on generic balance issues, not individual divisions. A next one will be dedicated to individual divisions' balance.

Generic
  • Decreased number of shots fired by 203mm & 210mm off-map artillery from 15 to 12.
  • Increased off-map 356mm & 380mm artillery observers' price from 160 to 180.
  • Reworked vetted autocannons which do not get RoF bonus anymore.
  • Decreased (and standardized) "Ammo" loadout for flamethrowers.
  • Decreased TNT explosives' suppression.
  • Decreased artillery observers' range of vision from 1300 to 1000m.
  • Decreased recon planes' refueling time.
  • Increased all planes' repairing time.
  • Decreased AA supply consumption.
  • Reworked bombers' drop pattern, which is now more dispersed when the plane is suppressed.
  • Increased single AA 20mm (FlaK 38 & Polsten)'s efficiency.

-------------------------------------

ALLIES
  • Increased M5A1/Stuart VI & Staghound' accuracy by 1.
  • Increased 25-pdr & Sexton's Rate of Fire.
  • Fixed the M15 CGMC's .50 range (which was inferior to the other AA .50).

101st Airborne
  • Increased M22's accuracy increase by 1.
  • Increased M22 aiming time from 3 to 4 seconds.

6th Airborne
  • Fixed the Paratroopers' speed.

-------------------------------------

AXIS
  • Decreased ammo loadout for SPW 222, SPW 231 & SPW 232 from 300 to 180 rounds.
  • Decreased FlaK 88mm's suppression.

HaryPL
Lieutenant

Re: "The Duellists" update is now available! (v.82672)

Postby HaryPL » Wed 28 Jun 2017 13:27

Cult of Autocannon doesnt approve this patch.. :(

Beside that.. guess still 2 or 3 weeks of waiting for something meanigfull :-|
Oh, and correct numbers of shells for offmap cancer would be actual "-1" and not just decreased by 1.

Saavedra
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Saavedra » Wed 28 Jun 2017 13:45

HaryPL wrote:Beside that.. guess still 2 or 3 weeks of waiting for something meanigfull :-|

They nerfed heavy off-map artillery, planes and CQC infantry. That seems pretty meaningful to me, seeing how they targeted some of the things people were complaining the most about in terms of balance.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Wed 28 Jun 2017 14:11

Saavedra wrote:
HaryPL wrote:Beside that.. guess still 2 or 3 weeks of waiting for something meanigfull :-|

They nerfed heavy off-map artillery, planes and CQC infantry. That seems pretty meaningful to me, seeing how they targeted some of the things people were complaining the most about in terms of balance.

The heaviest off-map arty got more expensive by a mere 20 points and flamethrowers got less ammo. Great. I cannot remember a game where flamers on either side ran out of ammo and where 20 points mattered with the amount of damage done by the 300mm+ barrage bullshit.

Of course, in 1v1 games this might have bigger impact. But in anything beyond that these "nerfs" are marginal to not relevant.

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Wed 28 Jun 2017 16:05

Markenzwieback wrote:
Saavedra wrote:

The heaviest off-map arty got more expensive by a mere 20 points and flamethrowers got less ammo. Great. I cannot remember a game where flamers on either side ran out of ammo and where 20 points mattered with the amount of damage done by the 300mm+ barrage bullshit.

Of course, in 1v1 games this might have bigger impact. But in anything beyond that these "nerfs" are marginal to not relevant.

They also removed 3 shots from heavy off-map arty. Sounds good.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Wed 28 Jun 2017 16:35

Bougnas wrote:They also removed 3 shots from heavy off-map arty. Sounds good.

Only from the medium ones. 300mm+ is still unchanged and only got a price nerf.

HaryPL
Lieutenant

Postby HaryPL » Wed 28 Jun 2017 17:02

Still too many shots due the killing potential. And riddicolusly wrong ingame mechanics, where WW2 offmap artillery observer directs not vintage artillery but a stealthy stand-off F&F drones apparently. Viva la time travel?

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Wed 28 Jun 2017 20:09

Carpiquet & Pegasus now available in 10v10.

Oh great more ridiculous 'balance' threads from people playing spam game 10v10's on small maps and complaining that the gaem is broken fix naow.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

derkos
Private First-Class

Postby derkos » Wed 28 Jun 2017 23:41

New content
Curious to try the new 10vs10. (Although it seems, that in the (Paradox) forum everybody hates 10vs10 and thinks it comes directly from hell.) I just fear that these maps are also to small like Colombelle. Something larger then Colombelle but smaler then Sword would be nice. Sword is so large, that it does not feel anymore like playing together with 9 other people.

Balance
Seems to go into the right direction. Only thing, that I am really missing is nerf of on-map arty (especially mortars). Imho the on-map is even more annoying then the off-map. Off-map is at least limited and you have to think about, when and where to use it. Therefore I like the generel idea. It was just much to cost effective and is still to common for some divisions (and maybe the >300mm calibers are still to cheap after the patch).
On-map is worse, because you can use it to just point-and-click on every enemy which comes out of it's cover (and more than enough people do so). No skill or tactic is needed.
Yeah, of course, I know that this can be countered (I also do not think that it is OP, except some heavy mortars). But it is not fun and forces me also to use much artillery to counterbattery, which is again counterbatteried, and so on.

I think the best solution would be to massivly reduce per card availibilty. Even with -50% arty availibilty it should be no problem to have enough arty pieces for most players. But it makes spamming harder. Or forces people to accepted serious gaps in their deck, if they want to play arty- heavy. Combined with some range and precision nerf for mortars...

Would be cool to see something to reduce the Arty meta in the division balance patch...

Erich Honecker
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Erich Honecker » Thu 29 Jun 2017 08:22

Fixing the AT rockets' hint.

Explain this please.

Return to “General Discussions”