Please Eugene, let Escape button to be only for deselecting units ! PLEASE

iSoDA
Corporal

Please Eugene, let Escape button to be only for deselecting units ! PLEASE

Postby iSoDA » Tue 11 Jul 2017 09:45

It's those little things that make the gameplay so frustrating some times. PLEASE.

Also, i have a mouse with multiple buttons and the game doesn't let me use them in key configuration. Every other games let me use them, XButton1 and XButton2.

Please make this happen. Your devs doesn't need to spend so much time work for these 2 suggestion.

P.S. - can you let us hide only the timer bar in replays ? Because it kills the tension for the observer knowing the length of the round. Let us keeping the buttons and have to option to hide the timer.

Please EUGENE ! you really created a master piece with this game. I wasn't so thrilled since I played for the first time AcT of War !

Crotou
Colonel

Re: Please Eugene, let Escape button to be only for deselecting units ! PLEASE

Postby Crotou » Tue 11 Jul 2017 11:01

To deselect units, I use the 1-9 keys that are not used for groups.

iSoDA
Corporal

Postby iSoDA » Tue 11 Jul 2017 11:22

But for me, who use at least the first 2 keys for groups, it's kinda annoying to reach for keys that you usually do not use just to deselect so that you won't use those units by mistakes.
Example: you have an artillery and you press T but you want to cancel that and you press Escape. Your brain learns that pressing escape cancel the order. Why can't they disable the pause menu from Escape? :( It's so annoying, I swear to God and it's so simple request for the devs.
Every one of us has it's own gamestyle. I confess that I am not so great at this game but I like it so much and I want to improve.
I played SC2, Dota2, Coh1-2 and I used the escape key for deselecting units/canceling orders, I have my own style of keyboard config, which my hand is used to.
It's like Fifa, some people sprint on E but I sprint on W because for my big hand, I have a bigger comfort on the keyboard. Same logic applies to Escape for deselecting :(

PLEASE EUGENE ! PLEASE

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Wed 12 Jul 2017 08:48

iSoDA wrote:But for me, who use at least the first 2 keys for groups, it's kinda annoying to reach for keys that you usually do not use just to deselect so that you won't use those units by mistakes.
Example: you have an artillery and you press T but you want to cancel that and you press Escape.

The 5-6 keys are just next to the T key. That's even closer than Escape. :mrgreen: (Yeah, I am irritating).

iSoDA
Corporal

Postby iSoDA » Wed 12 Jul 2017 10:06

Darn it Eugene ! Your game is dying ! This masterpiece of a game :( You do not have to try radical changes that requires huge amount of ammunition (effort ) Why don't you at least try with baby steps? I would program this myself if I could but sadly I am a poor electrotechincal engineer :( I have thousands of hours of playing RTS like you and I would kindly suggest the following:

- Please for the love of Satan! Disable the pause menu from the Escape button (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75OUUJV1P4o)
- At the beginning of the game when you deploy units. Can the units remain selected so that I can order them right away? Right now, I click the location where I want to deploy them and I need to click them again so that I can issue order for them. If I deploy multiple units, let them be sticky so that I can issue orders with tab. This is just for the start phase !
- Can you let us hide the timer bar in replays? Knowing how much time remains it kills the tension for the people how are watching.
- Let us draw defensive line and offensive line in replays so that we can explain much better the strategy on the battlefield.
- In lobbies there appears a ??? in the field where the custom name of the division should be. Please fix it too.

I swear on my pinky if people will complain after these minor changes I'll buy 3 copies of SD 44 and make it a giveaway !!! SWEAR !

PapaYankee
Sergeant First-Class

Postby PapaYankee » Wed 12 Jul 2017 10:50

Hello, thanks for the suggestions. We're basically reading and taking in consideration every suggestion, and have plans for the future of Steel Division: Normandy 44.

iSoDA
Corporal

Postby iSoDA » Wed 12 Jul 2017 20:33

PapaYankee wrote:We're basically reading and taking in consideration every suggestion.

OMG OMG!! okok. Mister PapaYankee hear me out. I'm coming to you like Gandalf came to Rohan! Gray and noob. haha
Let's say that you are new player, you have just been born but you want to play Steel Division Normandy 44. You know nothing ( Jon Snow ) but you feel the love for the game and you are trying to learn it but you simply fail and that applies a 100% suppression on yourself and you fail back.

Now let's say that in Boot Camp you have something called "tactics" or "supreme general" , a square of 1500 x 1500 meters map with unlimited points where you can put 2 division to fight each other to their death. This is every's new player wet dream to test units that he has low to zero knowledge about. You can spawn AT in a bush versus a German tank with the name that is not supposed to take in vain.
Four different square maps with different landscapes: bushes, cities, jungles, hills. You can test there everything and you can learn to LOVE THE GAME. Two division that you customized yourself, fighting each other, CONTROLLED BY YOU.

And for the love of Hanz ! The escape button !

Disclaimer: Please don't ban me from this forum :(