[DIVISIONS] 3rd Armored

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

[DIVISIONS] 3rd Armored

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 21 Jul 2017 17:04

Let’s focus today on the division which has “spearheaded” the American advance through Cotentin, the 3rd Armored Division.
https://www.eugensystems.com/steel-divi ... d-armored/

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Re: [DIVISIONS] 3rd Armored

Postby Vulcan 607 » Fri 21 Jul 2017 17:42

Nice when can we get the 1st special service brigade?

Also would be nice to add the mustang I in the armed recce role the b25 Mitchell and a mosquito with the 4000lb cookie bomb.

HaryPL
Lieutenant

Postby HaryPL » Fri 21 Jul 2017 18:06

Let's not go full nuke-eagles right away eh?

3rd Armored division has pretty good setup, but it needs more points in all (?) phases. It's armored division for competing with Axis cat legions, without cat-like equipment. Redundancy and (US) economical advantage it's what it should have, being capable of literally implementing that anegdot about Tiger I tank in Normandy where it's said something like: Our Tiger could take on 10 Sherman's and still win.. yet, as we've learnt the hard way, there were always 11th and 12th around

You can't make Lehr-income division without Lehr-tanks. It needs to be waaay more similar - in feeling/ability to put boots on ground - to Frenchies and 2nd US. Also, for gameplay purposes (even if B phase is for some period of battle of Normandy), there ought to be more Shermans76s in B.

Object199
Warrant Officer

Postby Object199 » Sat 22 Jul 2017 10:26

HaryPL wrote:Let's not go full nuke-eagles right away eh?

3rd Armored division has pretty good setup, but it needs more points in all (?) phases. It's armored division for competing with Axis cat legions, without cat-like equipment. Redundancy and (US) economical advantage it's what it should have, being capable of literally implementing that anegdot about Tiger I tank in Normandy where it's said something like: Our Tiger could take on 10 Sherman's and still win.. yet, as we've learnt the hard way, there were always 11th and 12th around

You can't make Lehr-income division without Lehr-tanks. It needs to be waaay more similar - in feeling/ability to put boots on ground - to Frenchies and 2nd US. Also, for gameplay purposes (even if B phase is for some period of battle of Normandy), there ought to be more Shermans76s in B.

I always thought the reason why the Jumbo and 76W are so cheap is to accommodate exactly this. You have Lehr income without Lehr tanks, but instead your tanks are extremly cost effective. If you give the 3rd Armored more income then you would need to make those tanks more expensive as well.

CUALEB_Operator
Corporal

Postby CUALEB_Operator » Fri 28 Jul 2017 17:07

All I'm asking is one more tank tab slot so I can add in some price-buffed M4A3(75)s.

3AD got some very interesting packs of tanks but there's very little variety in its tank tab deck build.

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Thu 10 Aug 2017 19:34

CUALEB_Operator wrote:All I'm asking is one more tank tab slot so I can add in some price-buffed M4A3(75)s.

3AD got some very interesting packs of tanks but there's very little variety in its tank tab deck build.

The 3 AD's income distribution just feels wrong. It relies heavily on Phase B tanks, and the majority of its firepower comes from Phase B, but as we see, the majority of the time a 3 AD player has to wait until Phase C to start bringing his tanks to bear, and at that point the initiative of his potential push is completely lost when M4A3 Sherman 75mm/76mm are hopelessly trying to fend off against an abundance of Panthers, Tigers, and King Tigers.

Ideally the 3 AD should have mediocre Phase A income, fantastic Phase B income, and a slight income increase on Phase C so it can take initiative and press the attack when it has rough weapon parity with the enemy.
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

Return to “General Discussions”