AA is in dire need of buffs

Object199
Warrant Officer

AA is in dire need of buffs

Postby Object199 » Sun 13 Aug 2017 16:48

The last buff was at best a drop in the ocean, plane trains can still directly fly into your AA net and snipe them. 3x Wirblewind, 2x Möbelwagen and a 88 are together 650 points, all vetted, and still my AA is getting sniped, srsly Eugen?

Fuck this, until AA is getting serisouly buffed I cant play, because I simply cant stand it. I cant remember who said it, but he hit the nail on the head; SD is 10 times the cancer that is Wargame but only half as much fun.

(Spare me your AA is the shield and planes the sword bullshit, I dont care about the kills, I would be fine if I could have stopped them with suppression, just stop the cancer that plane trains are.)

Markenzwieback
Captain

Re: AA is in dire need of buffs

Postby Markenzwieback » Sun 13 Aug 2017 17:31

SD is 10 times the cancer that is Wargame but only half as much fun.

Hear, hear! :lol:

But in all honesty, I couldn't agree more. The playing time since Steel Division release has given me more cancer than all my 1000+ hours of Red Dragon ever could.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Sun 13 Aug 2017 17:37

Honestly, could you link replays of your games?

I can tell you that during testing, Polstens (with vet) were deleting planes with ease before they toned down the buff.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Sun 13 Aug 2017 17:41

KattiValk wrote:I can tell you that during testing, Polstens (with vet) were deleting planes with ease before they toned down the buff.

They still do (if we are talking about Tri-Polstens). Problem is that only the Canadians get them with vet. And with German AA its another problem, because almost none comes with any veterancy to speak of. Hence his (in my opinion) justified complaint.

Fussel
Warrant Officer

Postby Fussel » Sun 13 Aug 2017 17:48

Replays of the so called "plane trains" please.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Sun 13 Aug 2017 20:43

Markenzwieback wrote:They still do (if we are talking about Tri-Polstens). Problem is that only the Canadians get them with vet. And with German AA its another problem, because almost none comes with any veterancy to speak of. Hence his (in my opinion) justified complaint.
Flaverkungs are also really strong though. It's not like Axis don't have good AA pieces. Sure, the single 20mm and Mobelwagen are kind of bad, but 37mm is good as is quad 20mm.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sun 13 Aug 2017 23:05

Object199 wrote:The last buff was at best a drop in the ocean, plane trains can still directly fly into your AA net and snipe them. 3x Wirblewind, 2x Möbelwagen and a 88 are together 650 points, all vetted, and still my AA is getting sniped, srsly Eugen?

Fuck this, until AA is getting serisouly buffed I cant play, because I simply cant stand it. I cant remember who said it, but he hit the nail on the head; SD is 10 times the cancer that is Wargame but only half as much fun.

(Spare me your AA is the shield and planes the sword bullshit, I dont care about the kills, I would be fine if I could have stopped them with suppression, just stop the cancer that plane trains are.)

They need to add criticals to planes engine damaged, prop damaged, fuel tank damaged, pilot hit, control surfaces damaged stuff like that. Though I did find 3 20mm crusader aa effective but only lethal with fighters. The allies should also get some heavy AA guns to even things up

Arcalane
Private

Postby Arcalane » Wed 16 Aug 2017 14:39

Vulcan 607 wrote:They need to add criticals to planes engine damaged, prop damaged, fuel tank damaged, pilot hit, control surfaces damaged stuff like that. Though I did find 3 20mm crusader aa effective but only lethal with fighters. The allies should also get some heavy AA guns to even things up

Yeah, crits being gone is weird, esp. since planes still seem to have some kind of hitpoint system even if tanks don't (smoke colour progression from taking fire, etc.). Putting crits back in and tweaking the effects/chances ought to help.

Incidentally I looked up heavy Allied AA since it wasn't something I expected them to have had much of, in a mobile role at least. Instead, I found the US' 90mm M1 (also mounted in an AT role on the M36 TD and M26 Pershing), and the UK's QF 3.7", both of which seem to have mobile/towed mountings and ended up fairly equivalent to the 8.8cm FlaK.

I also found a glorious piece of absolute nonsense, the T55 GMC. Wow.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 16 Aug 2017 19:21

Vulcan 607 wrote: The allies should also get some heavy AA guns to even things up

The US has 90mm available :ugeek:
Courtesy of KattiValk

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Wed 16 Aug 2017 19:34

Mike wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote: The allies should also get some heavy AA guns to even things up

The US has 90mm available :ugeek:

I know right beast along with the 3.7inch (94mm) used by the UK could be used in the AT role in an emergency but wasn't done often