Honest suggestion

SunTszu
Private

Honest suggestion

Postby SunTszu » Wed 30 Aug 2017 16:38

I love this game. Only few remarks and suggestions to fix them:
1. I would like "fast drive" to a point standard. There is no point in units going slow to a point, unless you want it. Normally you want them to go fast to where you want them.
2. Units should get out when under fire. Now it is like this: "Yeah, we know. Our truck is being wrecked. But since the general didn't give any orders we stay inside. We even may be destroyed, but we follow orders, you know!"...
C'mon! How stupid is that? Units should get out, when being shot at!
3. Make the button to see what units see, toggleable. I want every unit I give orders to see its surroundings. To know where I sent them best.
4. Same with command lines. I want to be able to put on/off command lines for all units. Without having to select them first, and then push a button. (Where did I sent those recons to? Oh yes, right. To that building...)
Simple, easy to fix suggestions. Give some buttons a on/off toggle.

Next to that, I love the game. Second monitor for the map would be great. But without, it is fine.
Thank you.

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Honest suggestion

Postby Hidden Gunman » Thu 31 Aug 2017 12:46

With 3, it is toggleable...click on the eye icon in the UI, or hit 'C' I think it is. It's handy to hotkey some commands to your mouse if you can.
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

mahouista
Private First-Class

Postby mahouista » Thu 31 Aug 2017 22:25

First of all, sorry for my English.

I love this game too (and the Wargame series as well).

But from the forums posts and from my personal experience with both games, here are my 20 cents:

First of all, I am not particularly interested in MP. The game requires too much micromanagement and is way too fast to my taste. Not to mention the competitive nightmare that it can be. Maybe it would be worthy to have the option to choose the game speed in MP. Maybe that's just an stupid idea, I don't know, but I am far more interested in SP right now.

And I think that with SP the problem is: in wargame series, the AI is too dumb (or at least, predictable, even for me) to have fun, you have to download and intall MODs to enjoy SP. In SD, the AI is awesome (and I think you have never been rewarded enough by this), the problem that I have found is that the campaigns are just silly. ALB and WRD campaigns were much better, IMHO. And for skirmish, the problem is that are two (and only two) types of maps: for infantry and for tanks. And that means completely different set of skills to play. In the end, you are playing the type of map that is your cup of tea again and again.

So I think you guys have overall developed an amazing game, probably the best of this genre I have ever played (and I played the early Close Combat series and Blitzkrieg, the games with the most nearest approach to this I think). But now you have to decide to power its SP (better campaigns, better MODs, whatsoever) or to go for MP, in which case (IMHO again), you will never be able to reach the popularity of other much simpler games.

I hope you go for SP (my personal choice, of course), I think you can make a game that marks a milestone in the genre, as you have already done with Wargame serires. You are almost there.

duro909
Lieutenant

Postby duro909 » Thu 31 Aug 2017 23:48

SunTszu wrote:I love this game. Only few remarks and suggestions to fix them:
1. I would like "fast drive" to a point standard. There is no point in units going slow to a point, unless you want it. Normally you want them to go fast to where you want them.
2. Units should get out when under fire. Now it is like this: "Yeah, we know. Our truck is being wrecked. But since the general didn't give any orders we stay inside. We even may be destroyed, but we follow orders, you know!"...
C'mon! How stupid is that? Units should get out, when being shot at!
3. Make the button to see what units see, toggleable. I want every unit I give orders to see its surroundings. To know where I sent them best.
4. Same with command lines. I want to be able to put on/off command lines for all units. Without having to select them first, and then push a button. (Where did I sent those recons to? Oh yes, right. To that building...)
Simple, easy to fix suggestions. Give some buttons a on/off toggle.

Next to that, I love the game. Second monitor for the map would be great. But without, it is fine.
Thank you.

1. No, it will be dumb. You will be in firefight, you move your tanks up but instead tank will choose the road to go "faster" so it will expose its flank/rear and get shot. No, thanks.
2. No, it is problematic suggestion. As you are attacking a house/town you want to get as closest as possible especially when using armored personal carrier which is practicaly safe and then unload. You dont want to unload in the open because you will get wrecked. I can see your suggestion working only for non-armored trucks, but I think units from trucks already hop out as soon as they get fired upon.
3. WUT??
4. I dont think this is necessary but whatever, I am fine with this being in game.
... and Malware-free banner too!