The seventh free update for Steel Division: Normandy 44, "Back in Black", will be available next week, and will feature 6 new units, 2v2 Breakthrough Attack/Defense scenarios, and more! Let’s have a sneak peek.
Free unit pack
It’s not 4 (like initially planned in the content roadmap), but 6 new units that you will be able to deploy on the battlefield:
- 10,5cm leFH-18/40 auf GW Lorraine Schlepper(f) (21. Panzer), self-propelled howitzer
- leFH 18M (716. Infanterie), the backbone of German divisional artillery
- Sherman IC Firefly (1. Pancerna), a very rare early model of Firefly
- F-6C (3rd Armored), the Recon version of the P-51C Mustang
- Volontaires (2ème Division Blindée) - partisans & individuals volunteers that joined the “Leclerc’s Boys”
- Ox & Bucks (6th Airborne) - Airlanding squads
Keep an eye on our blog tomorrow, more information about these new units is coming!
Free 2v2 Breakthrough Attack/Defense
Well… It’s pretty self-explanatory, right? Since the release of the 4 1v1 Breakthrough Attack/Defense scenarios, we received countless messages asking for 2v2 versions. In “Back in Black”, you will be able to play two of them in this mode:
- Offensive on Cheux
- Assault on Colombelles Steelwork
Balancing and more
We also have been working, with selected members of the community, on balancing the game, focusing on adjusting Second Wave's divisions even if the main game divisions will also have some slight changes.
We are also adding a “save game” option to Attack/Defense scenarios, and, as always, fixing remaining bugs.
“Back in Black” will be available next week.