Where is that tricky AP value?

Hulor
Sergeant First-Class

Re: Where is that tricky AP value?

Postby Hulor » Mon 15 Jan 2018 11:46

Hi WBA,

WBA wrote:Is it possible to mod tank main gun rate of fire and aiming time values and if yes, then how?

You can modify the rate of fire in GameData/Gameplay/Gfx/Generated/Ammunition.ndf, find your ammo and modify TempsEntreDeuxTirs (time between shots). You can also modify TempsEntreDeuxTirs_Min and Max with positive values to have some random between each shots.
Aiming time is defined in the same file with TempsDeVisee.
WBA wrote:I have seen that some mods have increased step value from 100m to 200m or 300m to gain an extra penetration value, how can I do that?

This one can be found in GameData/Gameplay/Constantes/GDConstantes.ndf, variable is called DistanceStepToGain1APLevel.

To find your ammo, you can search your unite in GameData/Gameplay/Gfx/Generated/UniteDescriptor.ndf, find its WeaponManager and its 'Default' variable, this is your weapon. Go through GameData/Gameplay/Gfx/Generated/WeaponDescriptor and find the weapon, look for Ammunition variable in each turret and this is your ammunitions.

WBA
Private First-Class

Postby WBA » Mon 15 Jan 2018 21:01

Hulor wrote:Hi WBA,

WBA wrote:Is it possible to mod tank main gun rate of fire and aiming time values and if yes, then how?

You can modify the rate of fire in GameData/Gameplay/Gfx/Generated/Ammunition.ndf, find your ammo and modify TempsEntreDeuxTirs (time between shots). You can also modify TempsEntreDeuxTirs_Min and Max with positive values to have some random between each shots.
Aiming time is defined in the same file with TempsDeVisee.
WBA wrote:I have seen that some mods have increased step value from 100m to 200m or 300m to gain an extra penetration value, how can I do that?

This one can be found in GameData/Gameplay/Constantes/GDConstantes.ndf, variable is called DistanceStepToGain1APLevel.

To find your ammo, you can search your unite in GameData/Gameplay/Gfx/Generated/UniteDescriptor.ndf, find its WeaponManager and its 'Default' variable, this is your weapon. Go through GameData/Gameplay/Gfx/Generated/WeaponDescriptor and find the weapon, look for Ammunition variable in each turret and this is your ammunitions.

Thank you, Hulor, for a detailed replay.
Default value for DistanceStepToGain1APLevel is 500 * Metre, so if I want to increase it to 200m, then I should change that value to 1000 * Metre or am I wrong?
And if I decide use TempsEntreDeuxTirs_Min and TempsEntreDeuxTirs_Max values to add some random between each shot, then should I change TempsEntreDeuxTirs value to -1 or it must be kept between those min and max values?

Hulor
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Hulor » Mon 5 Feb 2018 14:29

WBA wrote:Default value for DistanceStepToGain1APLevel is 500 * Metre, so if I want to increase it to 200m, then I should change that value to 1000 * Metre or am I wrong?

Hmmm, I'm not sure to understand why you would set it to 1000 * Meter, if you want you AP to gain 1 point every 200m you just have to set "DistanceStepToGain1APLevel is 200 * Meter".

WBA wrote:And if I decide use TempsEntreDeuxTirs_Min and TempsEntreDeuxTirs_Max values to add some random between each shot, then should I change TempsEntreDeuxTirs value to -1 or it must be kept between those min and max values?

No it's not necessary, if TempsEntreDeuxTirs_Min and Max are set, we don't use TempsEntreDeuxTirs anymore.

Return to “Modding Tools”