Armour Value and AP Value Question

Hans Klueber
Private First-Class

Armour Value and AP Value Question

Postby Hans Klueber » Fri 26 May 2017 04:10

Armour Value 2 is twice thicker than Armour Value 1? or each have inherently value?

Jairard
Private First-Class

Re: Armour Value and AP Value Question

Postby Jairard » Fri 26 May 2017 09:58

Hi,

the relation between blindage n and blindage n+1 is not really important. What matters is the difference between the AP value of the enemy weapon and your blindage. If you want to know more about how this affects the hit and piercing chances, you may want to have a look at \GameData\Gameplay\Constantes\HitRollConstantes.ndf

Hans Klueber
Private First-Class

Postby Hans Klueber » Fri 26 May 2017 12:07

Jairard wrote:Hi,

the relation between blindage n and blindage n+1 is not really important. What matters is the difference between the AP value of the enemy weapon and your blindage. If you want to know more about how this affects the hit and piercing chances, you may want to have a look at \GameData\Gameplay\Constantes\HitRollConstantes.ndf

I opened it, But I cannot understand how to work it. can you more explain about formula?

Jairard
Private First-Class

Postby Jairard » Fri 26 May 2017 12:18

Can you explain more precisely what you don't understand ? The outcome depends more on an algorithm than a formula.

Sandiford
Corporal

Postby Sandiford » Fri 23 Jun 2017 20:47

Jairard wrote:Can you explain more precisely what you don't understand ? The outcome depends more on an algorithm than a formula.

I'm wondering - Do the configs in this file relate to both penetration and accuracy - so 2D6 is used identically for both?

Is there a way to separate them so that penetration uses different values than accuracy?

Jairard
Private First-Class

Postby Jairard » Mon 26 Jun 2017 09:44

Penetration and accuracy are based on two different values, but both come from a 2D6 roll. You can modify dice count and/or dice max value but you cannot have diferrent settings for penetration and accuracy rolls. That means that you can set the roll to be 1D100 or 65D3, but you cannot have a 2D6 for penetration and a 3D4 for accuracy.

Sandiford
Corporal

Postby Sandiford » Mon 26 Jun 2017 19:49

Jairard wrote:Penetration and accuracy are based on two different values, but both come from a 2D6 roll. You can modify dice count and/or dice max value but you cannot have diferrent settings for penetration and accuracy rolls. That means that you can set the roll to be 1D100 or 65D3, but you cannot have a 2D6 for penetration and a 3D4 for accuracy.

That's a shame. Thanks for the answer

MrCrisps
Corporal

Postby MrCrisps » Wed 5 Jul 2017 06:02

Hi there !

I'm actually trying to understand how the penetration system works, because having a AP 5 firing at max range at an Armor 2 vehicle and having only 16% penetration is just stupid.

Ok, I've understood how the HitRollRule.ndf works, especially after having modified it and heavily tested the changes.

What I've seen so far is that if you reduce the threshold value under the maximum, ALL the penetration will be at that threshold value, without modificators. That means that EVEN AN AP 2 WEAPON COULD KILL A JUMBO FROM THE FRONT !

So, I'm wondering if other files enter in that penetration calculation. Are the ArmesArmures.ndf and DamageResistance.ndf have any effects on the penetration value? What do the values in those files change ingame?

I've noticed that those values, in ArmesArmures.ndf refer to the ArmorFamilies detailed in the DamageResistance.ndf. But I don't know what they mean as they are the same values, whatever Armor it is (from Blindage_1 to Blindage_25).

So, Jairard, could you explain to us poor modders, how this whole system works? It would really help !
Thank you for any help.

Jairard
Private First-Class

Postby Jairard » Wed 5 Jul 2017 10:34

I'm actually trying to understand how the penetration system works, because having a AP 5 firing at max range at an Armor 2 vehicle and having only 16% penetration is just stupid.

Maybe the EfficaciteSelonPortee of your weapon in Ammunition.ndf will help you understand this situation. If it's True, it means that the AP value of your weapon decreases with distance to target.
If you think the penetration probability is too low, you can increase it, that's what mods are for ;) Maybe increasing all the values in RangeModifiersTable or SuccessiveHitModifiersTable would be a good way to reach your goal.

What I've seen so far is that if you reduce the threshold value under the maximum, ALL the penetration will be at that threshold value, without modificators. That means that EVEN AN AP 2 WEAPON COULD KILL A JUMBO FROM THE FRONT !

I'm not sure to understand what you're talking about. What do you mean by "maximum" ?

So, I'm wondering if other files enter in that penetration calculation. Are the ArmesArmures.ndf and DamageResistance.ndf have any effects on the penetration value? What do the values in those files change ingame?

I've noticed that those values, in ArmesArmures.ndf refer to the ArmorFamilies detailed in the DamageResistance.ndf. But I don't know what they mean as they are the same values, whatever Armor it is (from Blindage_1 to Blindage_25).

These files are not used in hit or penetration computation. However, the field HitRollModifier in DamageLevels.ndf is added to the sum of the modifiers.

MrCrisps
Corporal

Postby MrCrisps » Wed 5 Jul 2017 16:15

Thanks for your quick answer Jairard !

I'm not sure to understand what you're talking about. What do you mean by "maximum" ?

I mean the maximum value on the dice. With vanilla rules, it would be 12 on 2d6.