Issues after modding the unit cards in the 91lld and the 2ID

MrCrisps
Corporal

Issues after modding the unit cards in the 91lld and the 2ID

Postby MrCrisps » Tue 30 May 2017 15:47

Hi all !

I come here to talk about some issues I have with my mod actually and hoping that some generous soul would help me to solve them.

Here are my issues : I have modified the units available for the 91st Luftlande and the 2nd Infantry US and the deck composition for those 2 divisions is automatically deleted after quitting the game. I know that the DeckSerializer.ndf is the cause of that but how and why?

Furthermore, each time I want to Generate the mod, I have the following message "Les packs suivants apparaissent plus d'une fois qu'autorise la division" which can be translated in english by "The following packs appear more times than allowed by the division".
The problem is that I can't understand what it means by that. Is there limit defined for each pack? And in what file?

Again, thank you for any help !
Last edited by MrCrisps on Tue 30 May 2017 16:09, edited 1 time in total.

Gronank
Colonel

Re: Issues after modding the unit cards in the 91lld and the 2ID

Postby Gronank » Tue 30 May 2017 16:01

Having more cards than you have available slots in the division would be pointless. I suppose this is what the warning is about.

MrCrisps
Corporal

Postby MrCrisps » Tue 30 May 2017 16:03

I understand what you mean but in vanilla, there is way more cards than slots. That's weird.

MrCrisps
Corporal

Postby MrCrisps » Tue 30 May 2017 18:02

Ok, I found out that the message was coming from the errors in the Decks.ndf. So I created a new version of the deck list for autofill for the 2 ID. The new problem is that when I launch the mod and want to save the 2 ID composition after having made it, the game crashes to desktop.

As I can tell, modifications to DeckSerializer.ndf makes the divisions to be deleted each time the player quit the game, whereas modifications to Decks.ndf makes the division unable to be saved, as the game crashes to desktop.

Honestly, I know that eugen haven't planned for modders to change the existing decks but that's some real bullshit here. I've made sure to respect the way the lines of command are wrote, as i've just replaced the Descriptor_unitX by another. It just doesn't make any sense to me and these bugs shouldn't be here.

Please help, i'm going nuts with those stupid bugs !

Hulor
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Hulor » Wed 31 May 2017 10:49

Hi,

Decks.ndf is just the definition for each auto-fill deck.
Divisions.ndf is the actual division's description. There you can add new unite, add more available activation points, more slot, etc...
If you have any change to decks.ndf, for exemple adding new unit to a division, you have to report those kind of modifications in Divisions.ndf.

About the desktop return, hard to tell what happened without knowing exactly what you have change.

MrCrisps
Corporal

Postby MrCrisps » Wed 31 May 2017 12:04

The crash to desktop was in fact a unit which I forgot to add a reference in DeckSerializer.ndf. It now works without problems.

As the issue of non-saving decks, I have resolved it by modifying the Config.ini in C:/Users/User Name/Saved Games/EugenSystems/SteelDivision/Mod with the name of my mod, which allows the game to launch with the mod loaded.

I know how to create new cards, tweak the veterancy, the number of cards and the number of units per card but I don't understand exactly how the DeckSerializer.ndf works. The DeckSerializerData.ndf is making me curious too.

Thanks for the answer.