Sound modding & volume.

Hulor
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon 10 Apr 2017 15:25
Contact:

Re: Sound modding & volume.

Postby Hulor » Mon 3 Jul 2017 15:41

Hi,

[quote=Vyllis]
I tried to change the "volume" value to 2, 6, 8, 10, 20 and 100 but got no success.
[/quote]
volume must be between 0.0 and 1.0
If you have some trouble with your sound volume, you can check SoundSettings : gameData/Sound/Settings/SoundSettings.ndf and more specifically : SFX_SoundSettings

mvginda
Corporal
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri 7 Jun 2013 16:19
Contact:

Re: Sound modding & volume.

Postby mvginda » Tue 8 Aug 2017 10:07

Hulor wrote:Hi,

[quote=Vyllis]
I tried to change the "volume" value to 2, 6, 8, 10, 20 and 100 but got no success.

volume must be between 0.0 and 1.0
If you have some trouble with your sound volume, you can check SoundSettings : gameData/Sound/Settings/SoundSettings.ndf and more specifically : SFX_SoundSettings[/quote]


Is it just me or is this "SFX_SoundSettings" no where to be found? I can only see "PerpetualMusic" in that folder.

mvginda
Corporal
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri 7 Jun 2013 16:19
Contact:

Re: Sound modding & volume.

Postby mvginda » Tue 8 Aug 2017 12:55

mvginda wrote:
Hulor wrote:Hi,

volume must be between 0.0 and 1.0



When you create a mod some original volumes levels go up to 1,5 so this does not make much sense?

User avatar
The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4538
Joined: Fri 12 Jul 2013 22:29
Location: United States, Central Time Zone
Contact:

Re: Sound modding & volume.

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 8 Aug 2017 20:43

I can confirm, I don't see SoundSettings.ndf in my Steel Division folders. But mvginda, if this helps, here are XML reads of the 2 TSoundSetting files in W:RD:
pc\ndf\nonpatchable\TSoundSettings.ndf: https://bpaste.net/show/495f66221c59
pc\ndf\patchable\gfx\everything\TSoundSettings.ndf: https://bpaste.net/show/2c16204ddbb9

Also, the only volume-associated value that is over 1 in all of W:RD's NDF_Win.dat is the campaign video files, where do you see a value of 1.5 in Steel Division?
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

mvginda
Corporal
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri 7 Jun 2013 16:19
Contact:

Re: Sound modding & volume.

Postby mvginda » Wed 9 Aug 2017 11:51

The W:AB Noob wrote:I can confirm, I don't see SoundSettings.ndf in my Steel Division folders. But mvginda, if this helps, here are XML reads of the 2 TSoundSetting files in W:RD:
pc\ndf\nonpatchable\TSoundSettings.ndf: https://bpaste.net/show/495f66221c59
pc\ndf\patchable\gfx\everything\TSoundSettings.ndf: https://bpaste.net/show/2c16204ddbb9

Also, the only volume-associated value that is over 1 in all of W:RD's NDF_Win.dat is the campaign video files, where do you see a value of 1.5 in Steel Division?


Hey :)

If you check this file: "WeaponSoundHappenings.ndf in gamedata/sound/generated" you will find several weapons with the volume of 1,5.

Reagarding the XML reads. That is not something you would be able to mod is it? Would love to though :)

Hulor
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon 10 Apr 2017 15:25
Contact:

Re: Sound modding & volume.

Postby Hulor » Thu 10 Aug 2017 09:59

Hi,

mvginda wrote:When you create a mod some original volumes levels go up to 1,5 so this does not make much sense?


Indeed, well this isn't normal at all. Volume above 1.0 will have some unexpected behavior. We will see to correct this on our side.

mvginda wrote:Is it just me or is this "SFX_SoundSettings" no where to be found? I can only see "PerpetualMusic" in that folder.


My bad, I thought we made SFX_SoundSettings moddable, we will look to make it moddable.

mvginda
Corporal
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri 7 Jun 2013 16:19
Contact:

Re: Sound modding & volume.

Postby mvginda » Thu 10 Aug 2017 19:36

Hulor wrote:Hi,

mvginda wrote:When you create a mod some original volumes levels go up to 1,5 so this does not make much sense?


Indeed, well this isn't normal at all. Volume above 1.0 will have some unexpected behavior. We will see to correct this on our side.

mvginda wrote:Is it just me or is this "SFX_SoundSettings" no where to be found? I can only see "PerpetualMusic" in that folder.


My bad, I thought we made SFX_SoundSettings moddable, we will look to make it moddable.


Great stuff thanks for your reply and support :)

User avatar
The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4538
Joined: Fri 12 Jul 2013 22:29
Location: United States, Central Time Zone
Contact:

Re: Sound modding & volume.

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 12 Aug 2017 19:38

Same here - the Moodding Tools seem to be rather unorganized and confusing, but the regularityof a Eugen representative trying to aid and confirm helps us modders out a lot.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Vyllis
Sergeant
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed 21 Jun 2017 16:50
Contact:

Re: Sound modding & volume.

Postby Vyllis » Mon 14 Aug 2017 17:40

I am using sound volume level from 0.6 up to 1.5 .

Did not encounter unexpected behavior yet.
Maybe i am lucky :D

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest