Sound modding & volume.

Hulor
Staff Sergeant

Re: Sound modding & volume.

Postby Hulor » Mon 3 Jul 2017 15:41

Hi,

[quote=Vyllis]
I tried to change the "volume" value to 2, 6, 8, 10, 20 and 100 but got no success.
[/quote]
volume must be between 0.0 and 1.0
If you have some trouble with your sound volume, you can check SoundSettings : gameData/Sound/Settings/SoundSettings.ndf and more specifically : SFX_SoundSettings

mvginda
Corporal

Postby mvginda » Tue 8 Aug 2017 10:07

Hulor wrote:Hi,

[quote=Vyllis]
I tried to change the "volume" value to 2, 6, 8, 10, 20 and 100 but got no success.

If you have some trouble with your sound volume, you can check SoundSettings : gameData/Sound/Settings/SoundSettings.ndf and more specifically : SFX_SoundSettings[/quote]

Is it just me or is this "SFX_SoundSettings" no where to be found? I can only see "PerpetualMusic" in that folder.

mvginda
Corporal

Postby mvginda » Tue 8 Aug 2017 12:55

mvginda wrote:

When you create a mod some original volumes levels go up to 1,5 so this does not make much sense?

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 8 Aug 2017 20:43

I can confirm, I don't see SoundSettings.ndf in my Steel Division folders. But mvginda, if this helps, here are XML reads of the 2 TSoundSetting files in W:RD:
pc\ndf\nonpatchable\TSoundSettings.ndf: https://bpaste.net/show/495f66221c59
pc\ndf\patchable\gfx\everything\TSoundSettings.ndf: https://bpaste.net/show/2c16204ddbb9

Also, the only volume-associated value that is over 1 in all of W:RD's NDF_Win.dat is the campaign video files, where do you see a value of 1.5 in Steel Division?
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

mvginda
Corporal

Postby mvginda » Wed 9 Aug 2017 11:51

The W:AB Noob wrote:I can confirm, I don't see SoundSettings.ndf in my Steel Division folders. But mvginda, if this helps, here are XML reads of the 2 TSoundSetting files in W:RD:
pc\ndf\nonpatchable\TSoundSettings.ndf: https://bpaste.net/show/495f66221c59
pc\ndf\patchable\gfx\everything\TSoundSettings.ndf: https://bpaste.net/show/2c16204ddbb9

Also, the only volume-associated value that is over 1 in all of W:RD's NDF_Win.dat is the campaign video files, where do you see a value of 1.5 in Steel Division?

Hey :)

If you check this file: "WeaponSoundHappenings.ndf in gamedata/sound/generated" you will find several weapons with the volume of 1,5.

Reagarding the XML reads. That is not something you would be able to mod is it? Would love to though :)

Hulor
Staff Sergeant

Postby Hulor » Thu 10 Aug 2017 09:59

Hi,

mvginda wrote:When you create a mod some original volumes levels go up to 1,5 so this does not make much sense?

Indeed, well this isn't normal at all. Volume above 1.0 will have some unexpected behavior. We will see to correct this on our side.

mvginda wrote:Is it just me or is this "SFX_SoundSettings" no where to be found? I can only see "PerpetualMusic" in that folder.

My bad, I thought we made SFX_SoundSettings moddable, we will look to make it moddable.

mvginda
Corporal

Postby mvginda » Thu 10 Aug 2017 19:36

mvginda wrote:When you create a mod some original volumes levels go up to 1,5 so this does not make much sense?

Indeed, well this isn't normal at all. Volume above 1.0 will have some unexpected behavior. We will see to correct this on our side.

mvginda wrote:Is it just me or is this "SFX_SoundSettings" no where to be found? I can only see "PerpetualMusic" in that folder.

My bad, I thought we made SFX_SoundSettings moddable, we will look to make it moddable.

Great stuff thanks for your reply and support :)

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 12 Aug 2017 19:38

Same here - the Moodding Tools seem to be rather unorganized and confusing, but the regularityof a Eugen representative trying to aid and confirm helps us modders out a lot.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Vyllis
Sergeant

Postby Vyllis » Mon 14 Aug 2017 17:40

I am using sound volume level from 0.6 up to 1.5 .

Did not encounter unexpected behavior yet.
Maybe i am lucky :D