Help needed - Textures not changing/showing

niki
Private

Help needed - Textures not changing/showing

Postby niki » Mon 18 Sep 2017 21:26

Dear Community,

I'm working on a very small mod: exchanging the Division emblems/logos with other logos. I followed the modding manual and also the other post here on the forum but I can not get it to work. I have the German version so first I thought maybe it has to do with censoring, but even with e.g. 3rd Infantery it does not work - after activation of the mod in the mod center the Division logos stay the same.

Here's what I changed:

1.) Created new mod called "DivisionSymbols"
2.) Put png-24 bit Logos into "AssetsModding" folder
3.) Changed the following lines of "...\steamapps\common\Steel Division\Mods\DivisionSymbols\GameData\Gameplay\UI\Resources\Textures\Generated\DivisionTextures

Code: Select all

export Texture_Division_Emblem_3rd_Infantry_Division is TUIResourceTexture_CommonModded
(
    FileName = "12_ss_panzer.png"
)
export Texture_Division_Emblem_12_SS_Panzer is TUIResourceTexture_Common_GermanVersionModded
(
    FileName = "12_ss_panzer.png"
    FileNameToUseWithDlc = "12_ss_panzer.png"
)
export Texture_Division_Emblem_17_SS_Panzergrenadier is TUIResourceTexture_Common_GermanVersionModded
(
    FileName = "17th_SS_Division_Logo.png"
    FileNameToUseWithDlc = "17th_SS_Division_Logo.png"
)

4.) After activating the mod, all the division symbols stay as they were before (even the 3rd Infantery Div)

--> Can someone please help me - what am I missing? Thank you so much!

Hulor
Staff Sergeant

Re: Help needed - Textures not changing/showing

Postby Hulor » Tue 19 Sep 2017 15:34

Hi,

TUIResourceTexture_Common_GermanVersion aren't moddable, so there is no TUIResourceTexture_Common_GermanVersionModded. You probably had an error when you generated your mod. That's why your mod can't be activated.

For legal reason we cannot give you ways to bypass german laws. So we can't help you here.

niki
Private

Re: Help needed - Textures not changing/showing

Postby niki » Wed 20 Sep 2017 15:25

Thanks for your answer and quick reply. It's a real pitty that you hardcoded this censorship into the game as you would not have been required to do this by German law. You only need to make sure when you originally distribute it that there are no [edited] potential harmful signs etc. But it's a Germany specific problem, so no blame.