Where the different critical effects are listed?

MrCrisps
Corporal

Where the different critical effects are listed?

Postby MrCrisps » Fri 2 Feb 2018 11:14

Hit there,

I want to change the critical effects for the ground units but I just can't figure out where those effects are referenced.

I know that they're detailed in the CriticalEffectModule_GroundUnit.ndf but that's where I have a problem :

I see for example one line saying : TCriticalEffect_AddDamage(Roll=(15,16) Damages=1.0 TimeOut=60 RepairCost=-1),

What I want to know is at what do the TCriticalEffect_AddDamages, or the other effects, reffered to? Or in what file?
Is there any kind of critical effect that could do damage over time, for instance?

Can we create other kind of critical effects? That's basically the logic behind my question.

Thanks for any help.

Hulor
Sergeant First-Class

Re: Where the different critical effects are listed?

Postby Hulor » Mon 5 Feb 2018 13:27

Hi MrCrisps,

MrCrisps wrote:I see for example one line saying : TCriticalEffect_AddDamage(Roll=(15,16) Damages=1.0 TimeOut=60 RepairCost=-1),

What I want to know is at what do the TCriticalEffect_AddDamages, or the other effects, reffered to? Or in what file?

Well, they're all engine-classes, so they are not defined in NDF, all you can do is take a sample and tweak it.

MrCrisps wrote:Is there any kind of critical effect that could do damage over time, for instance?

No, CriticalEffect are applied once until timeOut is finished. If the unit take the same CriticalEffect, it will queue after the first one and when timeOut is finished will be applied.

MrCrisps wrote:Can we create other kind of critical effects? That's basically the logic behind my question.

Well, not exactly, you can create a new combo of CriticalEffect, but CriticalEffect themselves are not modifiables.

MrCrisps
Corporal

Re: Where the different critical effects are listed?

Postby MrCrisps » Tue 6 Feb 2018 08:00

Thank you very much for the reply.

Too bad we cannot create new critical effects. Damage over time would be really interesting for the Internal Fire one, especially if combined with a random duration.