Do I need to upload a mod to steam and make it public in order to test even the smallest change?

Destraex
Sergeant Major of the Army

Do I need to upload a mod to steam and make it public in order to test even the smallest change?

Postby Destraex » Fri 30 Mar 2018 03:06

QQ. Is their a way to test a mod locally before uploading it? Especially while learning to mod.
At the moment I just want to test that I am modding one file to begin with and that the changes I want are in game.
Last edited by Destraex on Fri 30 Mar 2018 03:46, edited 1 time in total.

Destraex

Re: Do I need to upload a mod to steam and make it public in order to test even the smallest change?

Postby Destraex » Fri 30 Mar 2018 03:40

Perhaps I should make a copy of the base game and modify this directly first and then load the game manually from the modded version on my hdd? Once finished I move the files to a mod and upload it?

Hulor
Sergeant First-Class

Re: Do I need to upload a mod to steam and make it public in order to test even the smallest change?

Postby Hulor » Fri 30 Mar 2018 09:52

Hi Destraex,

You don't have to upload your mod to test it locally. Once your mod is generated you can activate it from the Mod Center.

Destraex

Postby Destraex » Fri 30 Mar 2018 14:12

Gotcha thanks. I just tried with a non modified mod. Worked and showed up in the modcenter.
Now to start modding properly. :)