QoE improvements wishlist for SD2

praslovan
Major-General

QoE improvements wishlist for SD2

Postby praslovan » Fri 14 Sep 2018 21:02

So, Quality of Experience things you missed in SD44 and would love to see in SD2. List them.

Rules: keep it simple, keep it real, keep it short

My turn;

Multiplayer ranked
- constant display of players searching for a game in the menu somewhere, not just when I queue
- option to queue as both Axis and Allies at the same time

Destraex
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: QoE improvements wishlist for SD2

Postby Destraex » Sun 16 Sep 2018 09:12

I would like:

- Player ping back during a game. Much easier to diagnose who is slowing the game down then
- The commands I listed in another thread - like the "units in a group go the same speed and stay in formation command" or "recon stay as the second vehicle not the first"
- Some default behaviours you can set for each unit - For instance tell tanks to retreat if an AT gun is seen by default.
- A shortcut key for unit LOS and range - currently C shows range but their is no shortcut for the current selected units ranges and LOS.

pedro0930
Master Sergeant

Postby pedro0930 » Mon 17 Sep 2018 07:47

Lobby ping to host to notify the host to stop dicking around in the deckbuilder.

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Postby Mister Maf » Mon 17 Sep 2018 12:26

Set the facing of anti-tank guns by clicking and dragging from a location, where the gun would go to the location of the click and then face in the direction of the drag.

Senseo1990
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Senseo1990 » Tue 18 Sep 2018 22:15

Fast Attack-Move! I dont know if that was added to N44 in some later patch, but when I was playing, it would annoy me a lot that you had to decide between fast move and attack move. I want attack move while travelling on roads!

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Wed 19 Sep 2018 20:42

Senseo1990 wrote:Fast Attack-Move! I dont know if that was added to N44 in some later patch, but when I was playing, it would annoy me a lot that you had to decide between fast move and attack move. I want attack move while travelling on roads!

Nice one.

- Just like you get supply truck for depleted ammo... why not reinforcement truck for remanning squads.

Desty
Warrant Officer

Postby Desty » Thu 20 Sep 2018 12:34

A constant display of the chance to hit on the units current target, basically like the reload / aim bar in the bottom middle of your screen in wargame.
holding onto the unit that is being engaged to see the current chance to hit / pierce is just too slow... especially since wargame had this "feature" already.

Destraex

Postby Destraex » Fri 21 Sep 2018 05:17

I want an ADVANCE to X weapon range. I had a game today where I wanted my crocodiles to advance to flamer range however the advance cautiously and stop to fire order only got me to cannon range.
I wanted my tank to be cautious up to flamer range.

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Postby Mister Maf » Fri 21 Sep 2018 17:27

praslovan wrote:
Senseo1990 wrote:Fast Attack-Move! I dont know if that was added to N44 in some later patch, but when I was playing, it would annoy me a lot that you had to decide between fast move and attack move. I want attack move while travelling on roads!

Nice one.

- Just like you get supply truck for depleted ammo... why not reinforcement truck for remanning squads.

This is a big gameplay/balance change, not a quality of life change, and I would prefer things to stay as they are where supply trucks don't reinforce. Unit preservation is much more important in Steel Division than in Wargame with no way to heal HP and I like that about it, as well as how it reduces the attritional grind of trying to wither down infantry squads that are constantly healing up

Destraex

Postby Destraex » Sat 22 Sep 2018 13:59

total war arena style drawing tools for ordering in multiplayer