APCR

User avatar
Rabidnid
Lieutenant
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015 21:33
Contact:

APCR

Postby Rabidnid » Fri 12 Apr 2019 01:25

The nazis ran low of tungsten very early in the war and stopped production of APCR in late 1942. Why do their forces have it in 1944?
Image

User avatar
praslovan
Major-General
Posts: 3927
Joined: Tue 20 Sep 2011 21:56
Location: Slav inhabited Alps
Contact:

Re: APCR

Postby praslovan » Fri 12 Apr 2019 10:15

Rabidnid wrote:The nazis ran low of tungsten very early in the war and stopped production of APCR in late 1942. Why do their forces have it in 1944?

They stopped producing it doesn't mean they ran out of it. :lol:

Oversight I guess.

User avatar
Rabidnid
Lieutenant
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015 21:33
Contact:

Re: APCR

Postby Rabidnid » Fri 12 Apr 2019 11:43

praslovan wrote:
Rabidnid wrote:The nazis ran low of tungsten very early in the war and stopped production of APCR in late 1942. Why do their forces have it in 1944?

They stopped producing it doesn't mean they ran out of it. :lol:

Oversight I guess.


Yeah, because Stalingrad and Kursk were minor dust ups with no tanks involved.
Image

User avatar
praslovan
Major-General
Posts: 3927
Joined: Tue 20 Sep 2011 21:56
Location: Slav inhabited Alps
Contact:

Re: APCR

Postby praslovan » Fri 12 Apr 2019 12:30

Rabidnid wrote:
praslovan wrote:
Rabidnid wrote:The nazis ran low of tungsten very early in the war and stopped production of APCR in late 1942. Why do their forces have it in 1944?

They stopped producing it doesn't mean they ran out of it. :lol:

Oversight I guess.


Yeah, because Stalingrad and Kursk were minor dust ups with no tanks involved.

"Oversight I guess."

User avatar
中铁四局
Warrant Officer
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri 17 Feb 2012 13:10
Contact:

Re: APCR

Postby 中铁四局 » Sat 13 Apr 2019 10:35

Am I misinterpreting or 85mm D-5T APCR only has 5% of pen againsta panther tank?

Feels like steel division 1944 again, 240pts firefly get instant gibed by 280pt panther......

this time, 85pts SU-85 or 100pts T-34/85 gets instant gibed by 120pt/140 pantherA/Gs.

Spoiler : :
inferior slavic mud round.png
inferior slavic mud round.png (522.57 KiB) Viewed 558 times
Dear Eugen, Please give T-72BU its iconic red-eye shtora system back! It looks mean and awesome!

User avatar
Rabidnid
Lieutenant
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015 21:33
Contact:

Re: APCR

Postby Rabidnid » Sat 13 Apr 2019 11:12

中铁四局 wrote:Am I misinterpreting or 85mm D-5T APCR only has 5% of pen againsta panther tank?

Feels like steel division 1944 again, 240pts firefly get instant gibed by 280pt panther......

this time, 85pts SU-85 or 100pts T-34/85 gets instant gibed by 120pt/140 pantherA/Gs.


The real problem is the lack of IS-2s and ISU-122s. They could simply pop panthers at any range they could hit them. The ISU-152 does that but it's very inaccurate. The ISU-152 were also ahistorical in tank corps. All the leading units had attached heavy regiments for Bagration. I need to unpack some boxes and see if I can find the orbat for the soviet tank corps I have some where.
Image

User avatar
中铁四局
Warrant Officer
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri 17 Feb 2012 13:10
Contact:

Re: APCR

Postby 中铁四局 » Sat 13 Apr 2019 11:34

Rabidnid wrote:
The real problem is the lack of IS-2s and ISU-122s. They could simply pop panthers at any range they could hit them. The ISU-152 does that but it's very inaccurate. The ISU-152 were also ahistorical in tank corps. All the leading units had attached heavy regiments for Bagration. I need to unpack some boxes and see if I can find the orbat for the soviet tank corps I have some where.



Really would like to see IS-2 in the trailer next week........ 100pts T-34/85 is crap compare to 110pts tiger and 120 pts panthers....... It's inferior tank on armor and firepower just as everyone knows, but this thing ain't cheap.

don't know about ISU-122, hopefully some future DLC involved.
Dear Eugen, Please give T-72BU its iconic red-eye shtora system back! It looks mean and awesome!

User avatar
Rabidnid
Lieutenant
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015 21:33
Contact:

Re: APCR

Postby Rabidnid » Sat 13 Apr 2019 23:26

中铁四局 wrote:
Rabidnid wrote:
The real problem is the lack of IS-2s and ISU-122s. They could simply pop panthers at any range they could hit them. The ISU-152 does that but it's very inaccurate. The ISU-152 were also ahistorical in tank corps. All the leading units had attached heavy regiments for Bagration. I need to unpack some boxes and see if I can find the orbat for the soviet tank corps I have some where.



Really would like to see IS-2 in the trailer next week........ 100pts T-34/85 is crap compare to 110pts tiger and 120 pts panthers....... It's inferior tank on armor and firepower just as everyone knows, but this thing ain't cheap.

don't know about ISU-122, hopefully some future DLC involved.


Yeah. The penetration values need to change at some point. They have given everything their 500 metre penetration at 2,000 metres, which is making combat excessively lethal. The stats on the 45 mm and the Tiger have also been dramatically inflated over their historical values.
Image

User avatar
Sunburn
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat 17 Mar 2012 21:11
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: APCR

Postby Sunburn » Mon 15 Apr 2019 16:20

Rabidnid wrote:
Yeah. The penetration values need to change at some point. They have given everything their 500 metre penetration at 2,000 metres, which is making combat excessively lethal. The stats on the 45 mm and the Tiger have also been dramatically inflated over their historical values.


This explains why i'm not overly enjoying the armoured engagements in this game, inf feel about right for me so far. But multiple one shot kills from max range across a map via hilltops seems meh to me.

User avatar
Rabidnid
Lieutenant
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015 21:33
Contact:

Re: APCR

Postby Rabidnid » Mon 15 Apr 2019 16:50

Sunburn wrote:
Rabidnid wrote:
Yeah. The penetration values need to change at some point. They have given everything their 500 metre penetration at 2,000 metres, which is making combat excessively lethal. The stats on the 45 mm and the Tiger have also been dramatically inflated over their historical values.


This explains why i'm not overly enjoying the armoured engagements in this game, inf feel about right for me so far. But multiple one shot kills from max range across a map via hilltops seems meh to me.



Yeah it occurred to me that they have plugged in the 100 to 500 metre penetrations stats as the maximum range stats.

45 mm penetrates 50 to 54 mm at 500 metres. The tiger E about 116 mm at 1,000 metres. The panther has less penetration than the 17 pounder so about 120 mm at 1,000 metres. Only the Soviets should have APCR, but even if they give it to the nazis, it should be even rarer then it is now.
Image

Return to “Steel Division 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests