AI resets difficulty in Army General in Co-op mode?

Palaius
Private

AI resets difficulty in Army General in Co-op mode?

Postby Palaius » Thu 4 Nov 2021 16:52

So a few friends of mine and me wanted to play a few rounds of Army Commander. However, as we all basically just got the game and are still quite bad at it, we wanted to start against an Easy AI.
However, the AI always resets back to medium every time we start the actual campaign, meaning I start up the campaign, I assign the AI to easy, i invite my friends and we start the game. Once we start the game, the AI is set to medium again. (Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/35CPRf3
).

Is there any way to fix this myself or is this a game thing?

Ramsay
Corporal

Re: AI resets difficulty in Army General in Co-op mode?

Postby Ramsay » Thu 11 Nov 2021 22:06

Palaius wrote:So a few friends of mine and me wanted to play a few rounds of Army Commander. However, as we all basically just got the game and are still quite bad at it, we wanted to start against an Easy AI.

I'm the same when playing solo, I could never play Army General until co-op was added, as the amount of units/micro needed vs the medium AI wrecked me.

Palaius wrote:Is there any way to fix this myself or is this a game thing?

I suspect setting "Easy AI" only effects the strategic (turn based) AI's resources/aggressiveness and "forcing" Tactical Battles vs Medium AI is intended.

Tips

In terms of winning (tactical battles), the key seems to be to have at least a 2:1 advantage in phase A and overwhelm the enemy with superior income/number of units.

If not ready for the medium AI, setup a few private co-op games vs a random Easy AI deck (or two) until familiar enough with SD2 not to be frustrated if you lose*

*If a total newbie, create/use custom AI BG's with limited/disheartened troops, etc i.e. to beat the Very Hard AI in skirmish mode.

Return to “Steel Division 2”