Soviets are cool and all but...

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Soviets are cool and all but...

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Wed 25 Jul 2018 17:17

Are y'all gonna stick with the strict TO&E ruleset established with SD:44?
Like, we really bout to be stuck with Germans & Russians (forgive my ignorance if there's plenty more to it than that) or ya gonna squeeze some Pacific bois in there too.. cause golly I'd have more reason to play Steel Division if the world's greatest fighting force made at least a cameo appearance ;)

While we're at it, no big deal really, but will we finally return to the Wargame deck building formula? Biggest turn off SD:44 had for me was the phase system and I was able to deal with wicked restricted decks, but I mean I always did spec decks in Wargame, I'm sure many would prefer the old system where freedom reigned and specs were an optional double edged sword offering both an advantage and a handicap..
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Bougnas
Major-General

Re: Soviets are cool and all but...

Postby Bougnas » Wed 25 Jul 2018 17:23

StalkerDellaNote wrote:Are y'all gonna stick with the strict TO&E ruleset established with SD:44?
Like, we really bout to be stuck with Germans & Russians (forgive my ignorance if there's plenty more to it than that) or ya gonna squeeze some Pacific bois in there too.. cause golly I'd have more reason to play Steel Division if the world's greatest fighting force made at least a cameo appearance ;)

While we're at it, no big deal really, but will we finally return to the Wargame deck building formula? Biggest turn off SD:44 had for me was the phase system and I was able to deal with wicked restricted decks, but I mean I always did spec decks in Wargame, I'm sure many would prefer the old system where freedom reigned and specs were an optional double edged sword offering both an advantage and a handicap..

Hungary is ingame since there were Turan tanks and potentially Hungarian-built Me-210/410 in the trailer.

KattiValk
General

Re: Soviets are cool and all but...

Postby KattiValk » Wed 25 Jul 2018 22:36

StalkerDellaNote wrote:Are y'all gonna stick with the strict TO&E ruleset established with SD:44?

I’d guess Pacific theater would be unlikely as that would be way more new assets than Eugen usually cranks out for DLC. Still, who knows?

Eugen has mentioned they are reimagining deck machanics, though what that means, I have no idea. Personally, I’d argue that divisions like the airborne would be mechanically impossible to portray in any meaningful sense using Wargame’s starus quo. SD44 allowed radical divisions to be made, and also allowed stronger and more powerful units to make an appearance because you can’t actually take Fallschrimjager and Panthers in the same deck.

Return to “Steel Division 2”