A VERY SERIOUS CONCERN

Guggy
General
Posts: 8645
Joined: Thu 17 Nov 2011 02:53
Location: peaceful skeleton realm
Contact:

A VERY SERIOUS CONCERN

Postby Guggy » Wed 25 Jul 2018 19:27

*gasping man collapses onto the floor of the tavern, patrons scream*

M....milords.... I beg of you...

The Dshk on the T-34-85 was a post-war refit.

*the stranger dies*

User avatar
KattiValk
General
Posts: 6319
Joined: Tue 19 Nov 2013 03:39
Location: Houston, Texas (CST)
Contact:

Re: A VERY SERIOUS CONCERN

Postby KattiValk » Wed 25 Jul 2018 22:25

They already went back and forth on this on the Discord. MadMat said he’d look into it, but that it did exist during the war, at least on the IS-2.

User avatar
[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 15273
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 13:31
Location: Paris, France.
Contact:

Re: A VERY SERIOUS CONCERN

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 26 Jul 2018 01:18

Yes, somebody claimed the mount was post-war, but both gun and mount are pictured on IS-2 in Danzig in early 1945.
The issue seems more to be that this very IS-2 mount might not have been retrofitted on T-34/85 before the late 50's or early 60's.

RoyalColor
Specialist
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue 11 Jun 2013 08:33
Contact:

Re: A VERY SERIOUS CONCERN

Postby RoyalColor » Thu 26 Jul 2018 10:06

[EUG]MadMat wrote:Yes, somebody claimed the mount was post-war, but both gun and mount are pictured on IS-2 in Danzig in early 1945.
The issue seems more to be that this very IS-2 mount might not have been retrofitted on T-34/85 before the late 50's or early 60's.


Per J. Zaloga T-34-85 Medium Tank 1944–94 - MG mount was installed starting 1952, same year T-55 got it. Even T-54s never had these.

User avatar
[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 15273
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 13:31
Location: Paris, France.
Contact:

Re: A VERY SERIOUS CONCERN

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 26 Jul 2018 14:40

RoyalColor wrote:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:Yes, somebody claimed the mount was post-war, but both gun and mount are pictured on IS-2 in Danzig in early 1945.
The issue seems more to be that this very IS-2 mount might not have been retrofitted on T-34/85 before the late 50's or early 60's.


Per J. Zaloga T-34-85 Medium Tank 1944–94 - MG mount was installed starting 1952, same year T-55 got it. Even T-54s never had these.

Indeed, I've investigated the matter and we (I :( )was indeed wrong in having a DSHk mounted on this tank.
Note that it is the ONE T34 variant we have a AAMG mounted on, and it had to be the one we've shot the most in the trailer ... :(

User avatar
Tagaziel
Corporal
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue 2 May 2017 14:05
Location: Site 42
Contact:

Re: A VERY SERIOUS CONCERN

Postby Tagaziel » Thu 26 Jul 2018 14:57

[EUG]MadMat wrote:Note that it is the ONE T34 variant we have a AAMG mounted on, and it had to be the one we've shot the most in the trailer ... :(


I I was paranoid, I'd speculate it was on purpose :>

RoyalColor
Specialist
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue 11 Jun 2013 08:33
Contact:

Re: A VERY SERIOUS CONCERN

Postby RoyalColor » Thu 26 Jul 2018 19:37

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
RoyalColor wrote:
[EUG]MadMat wrote:Yes, somebody claimed the mount was post-war, but both gun and mount are pictured on IS-2 in Danzig in early 1945.
The issue seems more to be that this very IS-2 mount might not have been retrofitted on T-34/85 before the late 50's or early 60's.


Per J. Zaloga T-34-85 Medium Tank 1944–94 - MG mount was installed starting 1952, same year T-55 got it. Even T-54s never had these.

Indeed, I've investigated the matter and we (I :( )was indeed wrong in having a DSHk mounted on this tank.
Note that it is the ONE T34 variant we have a AAMG mounted on, and it had to be the one we've shot the most in the trailer ... :(


While we’re at it, could we have a white Panzer Lehr sign removed from all Panzer IVs please. This was only used on II/130 in Normandy. Not a biggie, but would be nice...

User avatar
[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 15273
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 13:31
Location: Paris, France.
Contact:

Re: A VERY SERIOUS CONCERN

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 27 Jul 2018 09:35

RoyalColor wrote:While we’re at it, could we have a white Panzer Lehr sign removed from all Panzer IVs please. This was only used on II/130 in Normandy. Not a biggie, but would be nice...

Yes, it has been reported by some über-nitpicker already ... would that be you by ny chance? ;)
I've asked the 3D modelers to fix it. :)

RoyalColor
Specialist
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue 11 Jun 2013 08:33
Contact:

Re: A VERY SERIOUS CONCERN

Postby RoyalColor » Fri 27 Jul 2018 10:01

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
RoyalColor wrote:While we’re at it, could we have a white Panzer Lehr sign removed from all Panzer IVs please. This was only used on II/130 in Normandy. Not a biggie, but would be nice...

Yes, it has been reported by some über-nitpicker already ... would that be you by ny chance? ;)
I've asked the 3D modelers to fix it. :)


Thank you so much!
And sorry to be a pain :(

User avatar
PapaYankee
First Sergeant
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri 6 May 2016 09:31
Contact:

Re: A VERY SERIOUS CONCERN

Postby PapaYankee » Fri 27 Jul 2018 16:23

Thanks for your feedback. The game is still in pre-alpha (the cap of the guy on the key art seems to be in pre-alpha too!). Obviously, we're fixing everything. Don't hesitate to point out stuff like this!

Return to “Steel Division 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests