Will this game allow multiplayer with the original sides?

User avatar
Destraex
Warrant Officer
Posts: 473
Joined: Fri 10 Feb 2012 02:32
Contact:

Will this game allow multiplayer with the original sides?

Postby Destraex » Thu 26 Jul 2018 02:08

I want to know if it will be possible in multiplayer and skirmish to play with all the new sides from steel division 2 and the old sides from steel division 1 toghther. For instance russians vs allies (british and americans) or russians and allies vs germans.
Image

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12407
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Will this game allow multiplayer with the original sides?

Postby Mike » Thu 26 Jul 2018 05:55

Destraex wrote:I want to know if it will be possible in multiplayer and skirmish to play with all the new sides from steel division 2 and the old sides from steel division 1 toghther. For instance russians vs allies (british and americans) or russians and allies vs germans.


I doubt it because it's a separate game, but I don't speak for Eugen.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
Mister Maf
Lieutenant
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun 15 Dec 2013 23:15
Contact:

Re: Will this game allow multiplayer with the original sides?

Postby Mister Maf » Thu 26 Jul 2018 10:12

I gave Company of Heroes a pass on this because Company of Heroes is a fantasy game, and we all gave Wargame a pass on this because Wargame is also fantasy alternate history, but Eugen has tried to maintain some semblance of historical authenticity as part of Steel Division's brand, so I suspect not. I'm not too worried about it; I'm sure there will be plenty of divisions that are fun to play in the new setting.
Image

User avatar
Destraex
Warrant Officer
Posts: 473
Joined: Fri 10 Feb 2012 02:32
Contact:

Re: Will this game allow multiplayer with the original sides?

Postby Destraex » Thu 26 Jul 2018 11:40

Yes. But the community does not need to be split and there are plenty of scenarios where any of these historical divisions could have faced off at the two ends off ww2. Remember steel division allowed allied vs allied or german vs german I think? I did not like that feature and never play the game using those settings. But my point is that it should do what DOW2 did with retribution. Bringing all the multiplayer sides in together with each expansion. But not bringing the single player forward so people still have to purchase the previous game for that.
Image

User avatar
Tagaziel
Corporal
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue 2 May 2017 14:05
Location: Site 42
Contact:

Re: Will this game allow multiplayer with the original sides?

Postby Tagaziel » Thu 26 Jul 2018 12:03

Mister Maf wrote:I gave Company of Heroes a pass on this because Company of Heroes is a fantasy game, and we all gave Wargame a pass on this because Wargame is also fantasy alternate history, but Eugen has tried to maintain some semblance of historical authenticity as part of Steel Division's brand, so I suspect not. I'm not too worried about it; I'm sure there will be plenty of divisions that are fun to play in the new setting.


I'll just leave this right here.

User avatar
Mister Maf
Lieutenant
Posts: 1454
Joined: Sun 15 Dec 2013 23:15
Contact:

Re: Will this game allow multiplayer with the original sides?

Postby Mister Maf » Thu 26 Jul 2018 12:46

Tagaziel wrote:
Mister Maf wrote:I gave Company of Heroes a pass on this because Company of Heroes is a fantasy game, and we all gave Wargame a pass on this because Wargame is also fantasy alternate history, but Eugen has tried to maintain some semblance of historical authenticity as part of Steel Division's brand, so I suspect not. I'm not too worried about it; I'm sure there will be plenty of divisions that are fun to play in the new setting.


I'll just leave this right here.

That's very interesting and could make a cool campaign scenario but the order of battle for these divisions would be different between summer 1944 and summer 1945, so the decks as they are presented in SD Normandy 44 wouldn't carry over to be the same even if the represented divisions were retained.
Image

User avatar
Tagaziel
Corporal
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue 2 May 2017 14:05
Location: Site 42
Contact:

Re: Will this game allow multiplayer with the original sides?

Postby Tagaziel » Thu 26 Jul 2018 14:44

I'm not too concerned about that, given that there were few weapons introduced between 1944 and the end of the war in Europe... And Unthinkable would basically the Sunset Invasion of Steel Division. :)

User avatar
Destraex
Warrant Officer
Posts: 473
Joined: Fri 10 Feb 2012 02:32
Contact:

Re: Will this game allow multiplayer with the original sides?

Postby Destraex » Thu 26 Jul 2018 15:43

Mister Maf wrote:
Tagaziel wrote:
Mister Maf wrote:I gave Company of Heroes a pass on this because Company of Heroes is a fantasy game, and we all gave Wargame a pass on this because Wargame is also fantasy alternate history, but Eugen has tried to maintain some semblance of historical authenticity as part of Steel Division's brand, so I suspect not. I'm not too worried about it; I'm sure there will be plenty of divisions that are fun to play in the new setting.


I'll just leave this right here.

That's very interesting and could make a cool campaign scenario but the order of battle for these divisions would be different between summer 1944 and summer 1945, so the decks as they are presented in SD Normandy 44 wouldn't carry over to be the same even if the represented divisions were retained.


I don't think the units changed that much. Only a few units were introduced and they were only in the last days. Pershing and such.
Image

duro909
Lieutenant
Posts: 1071
Joined: Sat 19 Jan 2013 22:16
Contact:

Re: Will this game allow multiplayer with the original sides?

Postby duro909 » Thu 26 Jul 2018 17:55

I think that at some point it should be possible to "use" divisions from previous title as they basicaly occur in the same timeline.
Image
... and Malware-free banner too!

Min
Specialist
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu 26 Jul 2018 22:24
Contact:

Re: Will this game allow multiplayer with the original sides?

Postby Min » Fri 27 Jul 2018 09:10

Mister Maf wrote:
Tagaziel wrote:
Mister Maf wrote:I gave Company of Heroes a pass on this because Company of Heroes is a fantasy game, and we all gave Wargame a pass on this because Wargame is also fantasy alternate history, but Eugen has tried to maintain some semblance of historical authenticity as part of Steel Division's brand, so I suspect not. I'm not too worried about it; I'm sure there will be plenty of divisions that are fun to play in the new setting.


I'll just leave this right here.

That's very interesting and could make a cool campaign scenario but the order of battle for these divisions would be different between summer 1944 and summer 1945, so the decks as they are presented in SD Normandy 44 wouldn't carry over to be the same even if the represented divisions were retained.

The war in Europe ended in April of 45, Normandy and Bagration were fought at the same time.

Return to “Steel Division 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests