Sandbox Mode

Ziddo
Private

Sandbox Mode

Postby Ziddo » Thu 26 Jul 2018 02:56

Hi there,

Steel Div 1944 is by far one of my favorite RTS's of all time. One of the biggest reasons, for me, was that I loved to play out these scenarios of different groups fighting each other in a huge variety of ways. It reminded me of when I used to play with toy soldiers, as silly as it sounds.

One thing I really enjoyed about 1944 was the Historical Scenario's mode, and I always really wanted to be able to make up my own scenarios. Giving each side their own preset units to deploy, even preset starting deployments, make my own territory capture points or critical objectives, etc. Maybe even a "God" mode aspect to it, where I can deploy units for either side at my will.

I beg of you to make a sort of Sandbox mode for the goofy casual player like me, so that I can send hordes of Russians into faltering German lines just for the cinematic feels while remixing the maps and objectives to keep things fresh. I'm sure you guys have a lot planned, and a lot more to reveal. I'll love you no matter what though!

SO EXCITED!!!

SilvyMox
Private

Re: Sandbox Mode

Postby SilvyMox » Thu 26 Jul 2018 10:18

+1
Exactly my wish!
I would love to be able to make my own historical scenarios with set battlegroups, placement of units, reinforcement shedule etc.

JLX
Private

Re: Sandbox Mode

Postby JLX » Sat 11 Aug 2018 16:34

Ziddo wrote:...I always really wanted to be able to make up my own scenarios. Giving each side their own preset units to deploy, even preset starting deployments, make my own territory capture points or critical objectives, etc...

This is something I've wished for in N44 too. I love the front-line mechanic but miss having specific objectives.

Being able to make our own scenarios that incorporate capture/defend or breakthrough objectives would not only add a lot to the game, but could spawn a wealth of user created "challenge" missions. It would be great to have some auto-generated objective options in skirmish mode for the single/co-op players like myself.

+1 for the suggestion!

Return to “Steel Division 2”