How deep and complex will be the new Dynamic Campaign?

nigo_BR
Corporal

Re: How deep and complex will be the new Dynamic Campaign?

Postby nigo_BR » Sat 28 Jul 2018 21:37

Im not asking for a super detailed strategic campaign or HEX maps. Im asking for our actions in strategic map goes for consequences in tactical battles and division management. Even one tactical battle can be decisive for futures tactical battles in the next turns.
Brazil :mrgreen:

nigo_BR
Corporal

Postby nigo_BR » Mon 30 Jul 2018 22:35

One of the things I want to see in the new Dynamic Campaign is the type of the tactical battle will occur.

Enough with conquest,victory points or destruction battles. I'd like to see breakthrough defense lines, protect convoys, tactical retreats, conquer some hill or city and make a defense for several turns, encirclements, clean the frontline and so.

And these type of battles are defined in the Strategic map with your movimentation and orders.

This thing will be deep, complex and fun.

nigo_BR
Corporal

Postby nigo_BR » Wed 1 Aug 2018 12:01

Another thing who will make the game shine like a hell. Strategic Orders matter.

Examples: Maybe I want to win my campaign battle by battle, one battle each time like an old single player game. Sure, will be fun.

But If I want to Blitzkrieg my opponent at Strategic level, I can win too (or lose :P). Or use Defense in-depth, Attrition warfare, Pincer movements and Open a Bulge my oponent territory at strategic levels.

Maybe I want to encircle my opponent in many little battles. Or encircle the opponent in a giant territory to prevent him to receive supplies and reinforcements.

Maybe I want to make a corridor to direction to some important location on strategic map. All these strategic choices should be possible to the players and AI. Eugen needs to give this tool to the players.

At end of the day, Operation Bagration had a strategic plan made by HQ and these strategic plan was executed perfectly by field commanders.

This choices are DYNAMIC Campaign for me.

OFC all this Strategic orders and movements only have a possibility to do some difference if you fight and WIN tactical battles.

nigo_BR
Corporal

Postby nigo_BR » Fri 3 Aug 2018 17:48

Another thing to make the campaign more dynamic than ever.

In the first turn on a map, this battlefield is clean without any battle marks. After some turns maybe this map is destroyed and we need to play again in campaign. So Id like to see the battlefield changed because our actions (AI and players) changed the map forever.

Vehicles wreckage, burning things, craters, abandoned tanks and vehicles.

If possible setup defenses in a strategic sector and turns later we play this map with this defense (bunkers, minefields, MG nests, sandbags, wires, wirefields and so).

Another one: Night maps, if possible. Just imagine using flares in this night battle.

thebaymonster
Private First-Class

Postby thebaymonster » Wed 15 Aug 2018 09:47

The greatest difference between the wargame titles and sd:44 is the AI. The AI used to be atrocious, but in SD it's some of the best I've ever seen in an rts of this nature. It was an incredible turn around, and kudos to the devs.

Now that the AI is down, a deep and dynamic campaign would really seal the deal in making all the pieces come together. A simple hex based system (think Unity of Command but even simpler) would provide incredible replay value, and differentiate SD from any other game in the genre. Imagine making strategic encriclements and actually getting to play it out . Imagine cutting off supplies and fighting with no supply vehicles and half ammo. You could have the option to skip the battles and let the AI roll the dice, of course.

Maybe it's dreaming, but then again, maybe it's not. I'm hoping that this is where Eugen is focusing its resources.