OK - How about a new MP System

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Re: OK - How about a new MP System

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Tue 31 Jul 2018 07:40

I try to convince Eugen Systems for years, that all games should be ranked! Players who love to compare with others will love it and all others will learn to ignore the stats :mrgreen: :lol:

duro909
Lieutenant

Postby duro909 » Thu 2 Aug 2018 18:35

[DAY]Topspin2005 wrote:I try to convince Eugen Systems for years, that all games should be ranked! Players who love to compare with others will love it and all others will learn to ignore the stats :mrgreen: :lol:

And its good they dont listen to you...
Even competitive players sometimes want to play casually, test the game, units, maps or just chill. Making games "ranked only" would complicate that and also result in kicking and banning from lobby more than now.
I strongly recommend you to sometimes look from other than only yours perspective.
This idea is just dumb.
... and Malware-free banner too!

nigo_BR
Corporal

Postby nigo_BR » Thu 2 Aug 2018 20:32

duro909 wrote:
[DAY]Topspin2005 wrote:I try to convince Eugen Systems for years, that all games should be ranked! Players who love to compare with others will love it and all others will learn to ignore the stats :mrgreen: :lol:

Even competitive players sometimes want to play casually, test the game, units, maps or just chill. Making games "ranked only" would complicate that and also result in kicking and banning from lobby more than now.
I strongly recommend you to sometimes look from other than only yours perspective.
This idea is just dumb.

Its all about automatch/matchmaking not ranking. Forget the old lobby system.

If you want a private match for tournaments, training with friends then its fine. But the old lobby needs to go.

Maybe when the community used more frequently the automatch/matchmaking like a modern game, than Eugen can add lobbys back in a future patch.
Brazil :mrgreen:

Guddi
Corporal

Postby Guddi » Thu 2 Aug 2018 21:54

All fine but i don´t think Eugene has enough Money to build up a solid MP Lobby like COH for example. Wargame and Steel Div. are
niche games ! If you look at the all time Steam Peak Charts you will never find more the 5000 Player. In Terms of COH we talk About 4 Times more. And they have EVERY Day 4-5000 Players thats the amount of ppl who bought games like Wargame/Steel Div.

So in other words you want something for a niche game wich can only handled by a top selling RTS Game, Mission Impossible.

Steam Charts Steel Division 4606 all time Peak

Steam Charts Wargame Red Dragon 4779 all time Peak

Steam Charts Wargame Air Land Battle 4413 all time Peak

Steam Charts Wargame European Escalation 2197 all time Peak

Steam Charts RUSE all time Peak 2429 all time Peak

Steam Charts Company of Heroes 2 20,747 all time Peak

Steam Charts Total War Warhammer 2 72.112 all time Peak

Steam Charts Total War Atilla 26.237 all time Peak

Steam Charts Total War Rome 2 118.240 all time Peak

That should say everything you want something from a niche game that could not be delivered.

duro909
Lieutenant

Postby duro909 » Fri 3 Aug 2018 17:57

nigo_BR wrote:
duro909 wrote:

This idea is just dumb.

Its all about automatch/matchmaking not ranking. Forget the old lobby system.

If you want a private match for tournaments, training with friends then its fine. But the old lobby needs to go.

Maybe when the community used more frequently the automatch/matchmaking like a modern game, than Eugen can add lobbys back in a future patch.

Thats all good. I agree.
But he said "all games", that is not good idea.
... and Malware-free banner too!

nigo_BR
Corporal

Postby nigo_BR » Fri 3 Aug 2018 18:12

Ranked games is not the solution. New players will avoid that.

The game needs player retention, so the solution is Automatch with a hidden ELO system.

And this Automatch feature needs to be only one gamemode (like conquest) and less teamsize modes (like 1v1, 2v2 and 10v10) to not divide the playerbase anymore.
Brazil :mrgreen:

Admiral_Awesome
Sergeant

Postby Admiral_Awesome » Mon 6 Aug 2018 15:08

If they make the MP ranked only its going to fail big time. Given WG numbers and the impression from SD, more people seem to prefer 10vs10 gameplay than ranked.

Beats me anyway why Eugene should implement ranked at all, since all it did in the past was promoting cheesy tactics, min/ maxed gameplay and a few but very loud and quite toxic community members.

KampfKeksKrieger
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Wed 8 Aug 2018 20:10

There is no reason to convince: Its their DUTY! There is no way around! (come up! you can do it!)

And INCLUDE those coastal ranked games into Red Dragon! IF YOU HAVE coast/river/sea cartegories, the MAIN feature is to play those 3 things tactical in a ranked!

and give us some more starting points so you dont have only 1 random hit gun 1 man army to fight for the huge war. (I hope collossal helps a bit...)

now... multiplayer systems there are many outside that work well...
what I would urgently need, is a possibility to see player stats when OUTSIDE of the game so I can see who and how many are online, and not only for Steel division 2, but for all 5 games on one screen, with the button to join more or less directly, or at least to give a note 'wait a minute I want to join!' so you can communiCATE with those players before its too late!

If I open the steam server list I can directly join a server for which the actual game starts.
I dont ask this for eugen, but some public visible information for their games, also Act of War would be nice.
If that is more open, the ladder to climb to reach into the games is fallen off and you join automatically before thinking which means doubting and just dont get that far.

make them join instead of waiting outside of the lake waiting for the others to play, while keeping yourself outside, and everybody keeps outside watching, but not joining, because...? yes I dont know either.

So in one Word: ACCESSIBILITY (and the rest the people asked; as best as possible :mrgreen: )

Return to “Steel Division 2”