A few questions and suggestions for SD2

Hathaway
Private

A few questions and suggestions for SD2

Postby Hathaway » Wed 22 Aug 2018 01:12

First of all, thank you for making this game
Despite the fact that there are some drawbacks, I actually liked a lot of the new systems in steel division(but at the same time I also want wargame 4)
I really like the phase system, it gives you a chance to use the weak units
Infantry models and movement animation looks much better than wargame

so here comes the question, is it actually Steel "Division" 2?
For the Soviet structure, it seems more reasonable to use corps(XXX) instead of divisions(XX)

Will there be soviet arty divisions?
TBH I don't really want to see them in game...

Will there be soviet mechanized corps and cavalry corps in game?

Will we be able to use SD1 divisions in SD2?
I liked RUSE
It would be fantastic if I can play things like US vs Soviet and US+Soviet vs Eastern/Western front Germany
I wonder if they can also add a few Japanese & Chinese divisions into the game

Will you consider shifting the time frame to 1945?
IMO it is kinda pointless to limit the time frame to June 1944
Shifting it to 1945 would give all sides some interesting units
Things like Me262 & Me163
US can get Pershing which gives Allies the ability to fight the Tiger II head to head
For Soviets...maybe IS-3? Although they didn't get a chance to fight

Black Hand
Private First-Class

Re: A few questions and suggestions for SD2

Postby Black Hand » Wed 12 Dec 2018 00:29

Calm down Cowboy with your suggestions and questions ^^

About Divisions, I would say.. wait and see, they will probably reveal 1 div after another with a bit of history like SD N44 :)

IMO it is kinda pointless to limit the time frame to June 1944

600 units, that's already A LOT of diversity. You shouldn't pay attention to the fact it happened for 2 months but more to the fact it was a BIG Military Operation, involving 3 000 000 soldiers.. so don't worry they already have many, many possibilities.

Also, SD1 in SD2?? China? Japan? (Battle of Khalkin Gol could be interesting btw) 1945? well.. why not, after all, as the title of the game does not imply this time that it is restricted to Operation Bagration. But patience, there is definitely a lot to do with Bagration, such questions could be raised in 2 years.. I mean.. it's not even the open Beta yet.

Me 262 and Me 163 were already available during operation Bagration, but were EXTREMELY rare and I'm not sure it would be worth it gameplay-wise because of their high-speed compared to the other planes.

Destraex
Warrant Officer

Postby Destraex » Wed 12 Dec 2018 11:57

How many of those units will just be variants? I appreciate variation. But 600 unique vehicles that are not the same unit with a slightly different air intake and such. I think that is just propaganda on a technicality.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Wed 12 Dec 2018 15:49

Black Hand wrote:

Me 262 and Me 163 were already available during operation Bagration, but were EXTREMELY rare and I'm not sure it would be worth it gameplay-wise because of their high-speed compared to the other planes.

This request was so funny that I cannot not stop laugh.

Both were used in homeland air defence and not in the front lines. With 5 min total flight time and 80 km range the Me-163 was suitable only for strategical bomber interception and noting else.

Me-262 main role also was killing bomber because it could penetrate the swarm of fighters around the bombers.

korsarz
Private First-Class

Postby korsarz » Thu 13 Dec 2018 08:35

hiya,

I would like to have something that exists in almost every RTS - a detailed info about each squad. For example if it's an 8 men squad, I would like to have a bar for each member - if he's dead, then this should be depicted as a KIA or w/e. Also, his weapon should be shown. I do not want to count each model to see how many losses a squad has suffered. One more thing - scavenging weapons and ammunition. If a soldier has no ammo for his weapon or for example has no AT capacity but is standing nearby a killed Panzershreck squad he should be able to take their AT weapon and shoot - such an ability could be granted to more veteran units rather than rookies. This should also apply to some AT guns - at least those of small caliber. Both these solutions are as old as Close Combat 2 and the series in general.

Thanks.

Black Hand
Private First-Class

Postby Black Hand » Fri 14 Dec 2018 02:22

Destraex wrote:How many of those units will just be variants? I appreciate variation. But 600 unique vehicles that are not the same unit with a slightly different air intake and such. I think that is just propaganda on a technicality.

600 unités différentes dans notre glorieux jeu!.jpg
600 unités différentes dans notre glorieux jeu!.jpg (160.25 KiB) Viewed 628 times

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Sat 15 Dec 2018 03:55

korsarz wrote:hiya,

I would like to have something that exists in almost every RTS - a detailed info about each squad. For example if it's an 8 men squad, I would like to have a bar for each member - if he's dead, then this should be depicted as a KIA or w/e. Also, his weapon should be shown. I do not want to count each model to see how many losses a squad has suffered. One more thing - scavenging weapons and ammunition. If a soldier has no ammo for his weapon or for example has no AT capacity but is standing nearby a killed Panzershreck squad he should be able to take their AT weapon and shoot - such an ability could be granted to more veteran units rather than rookies. This should also apply to some AT guns - at least those of small caliber. Both these solutions are as old as Close Combat 2 and the series in general.

Thanks.

The scale of this game is a bit too great for this level of detail. You'd probably enjoy Call to Arms or Men of War: Assault Squad 2 if that's something you're looking for.

Welcome to the forums though!
Courtesy of KattiValk

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Sat 15 Dec 2018 22:17

korsarz wrote:hiya,

Thanks.

You came to a wrong neighborhood for that man.

korsarz
Private First-Class

Postby korsarz » Sat 15 Dec 2018 22:59

well, all I can say is that steel division 1 currently has a playerbase of 200 players which is literally a joke.
I do agree that I'm fairly new to Eugen games, SD is my first game hence the changes I suggested might be totally inept YET if they decide to implement the same solutions to the tactical side of the game (ok, there is going to be a more strategic focus, too), they will again end with 200 players after 6 months. Perhaps that want to keep the game and its playerbase as hermetic as it is now, this is fine...but totally not worth 40 Euro.

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Sun 16 Dec 2018 22:05

korsarz wrote:well, all I can say is that steel division 1 currently has a playerbase of 200 players which is literally a joke.
I do agree that I'm fairly new to Eugen games, SD is my first game hence the changes I suggested might be totally inept YET if they decide to implement the same solutions to the tactical side of the game (ok, there is going to be a more strategic focus, too), they will again end with 200 players after 6 months. Perhaps that want to keep the game and its playerbase as hermetic as it is now, this is fine...but totally not worth 40 Euro.

Mate, you are proposing CoH or Iron Harvest like micro mechanics in a game that has bigger scope. It won't happen this late into development since it is something that you design since first day onwards... and then actively brag about it to promote new features. I also have a hard time seeing people flocking to the game just because panzerfausts would suddenly become a pick-up. Apart from the fact that people don't like the frontline thing (which I like) biggest problem of the previous SD was that the battlegroup decks were forcing too strict limitations which in combination with A,B,C phases do not work well in competitive play. No point in having loads of unique units if they are locked to a deck that is only viable in team matches and even then if everyone picks specific decks.

Return to “Steel Division 2”