OPERATION BAGRATION ... Would you like to know more?

Pordy
Private

Re: OPERATION BAGRATION ... Would you like to know more?

Postby Pordy » Sun 16 Sep 2018 11:41

Dear Developers!

I am a Hungarian war historian, i work at the Hungarian Defence Ministry, War History Museum and Institute.
My area of expertise is the second world war, escpecially the Hungarian participiation of the war.

I am very glad to see, that You actually use professional literature to create your game.

In the trailer moovie, when i saw those hungarian vehicles i was very excited.

There is no such war game in the market what actually concerns about the Hungarians. Despite the fact, that Hungarian participiation of the war was a very crucial moment from the beginning till the end.

I would like to offer all of my skills and help about the Hungarian Army, since the english language literature neglect it a bit.

Best Regards

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Mon 17 Sep 2018 14:48

Pordy wrote:Dear Developers!

I am a Hungarian war historian, i work at the Hungarian Defence Ministry, War History Museum and Institute.
My area of expertise is the second world war, escpecially the Hungarian participiation of the war.

I am very glad to see, that You actually use professional literature to create your game.

In the trailer movie, when i saw those hungarian vehicles i was very excited.

There is no such war game in the market what actually concerns about the Hungarians. Despite the fact, that Hungarian participiation of the war was a very crucial moment from the beginning till the end.

I would like to offer all of my skills and help about the Hungarian Army, since the english language literature neglect it a bit.

Best Regards

You can plan as Hungary is HOI IV, but it's not a very tactical game :lol:
Courtesy of KattiValk

Fabrice
Staff Sergeant

Postby Fabrice » Tue 18 Sep 2018 13:10

Bonjour à tous

Faire des parties équilibrées avec comme sujet l'opération Bagration semble à première vue difficile. Par contre du coté du matériel cela va être très riche d'un coté comme de l'autre.
Mais en Normandie l'équilibre n'était pas non plus très facile à trouver. Donc j'ai le sentiment que cela sera solutionné.

PS: Petite question, pourquoi Eugen studio français communique en premier en anglais et pourquoi ne doublez vous pas en français si votre préférence va à l'anglais,ce que je peux comprendre pour le coté international du jeu.

duro909
Lieutenant

Postby duro909 » Tue 18 Sep 2018 19:30

Fabrice wrote:Bonjour à tous

Faire des parties équilibrées avec comme sujet l'opération Bagration semble à première vue difficile. Par contre du coté du matériel cela va être très riche d'un coté comme de l'autre.
Mais en Normandie l'équilibre n'était pas non plus très facile à trouver. Donc j'ai le sentiment que cela sera solutionné.

PS: Petite question, pourquoi Eugen studio français communique en premier en anglais et pourquoi ne doublez vous pas en français si votre préférence va à l'anglais,ce que je peux comprendre pour le coté international du jeu.

Speak english please
Last edited by Shifu on Tue 18 Sep 2018 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language
... and Malware-free banner too!

Fabrice
Staff Sergeant

Postby Fabrice » Fri 21 Sep 2018 14:12

Hello everyone

To make balanced parts with as subject the operation Bagration seems at first sight difficult. On the other hand on the side of the equipment it will be very rich on one side as the other.
But in Normandy the balance was not very easy to find. So I have the feeling that it will be solved.

PS: A short question, why Eugen French studio communicates first in English and why do not you double in French if your preference is to English, which I can understand for the international side of the game.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Thu 27 Sep 2018 21:58

Fabrice wrote:PS: A short question, why Eugen French studio communicates first in English and why do not you double in French if your preference is to English, which I can understand for the international side of the game.

Because the forum rules state that it must be in English.

viewtopic.php?f=155&t=53129
Courtesy of KattiValk

Tiera
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tiera » Mon 1 Oct 2018 17:49

varis wrote:At the same time, tremendous pressure was put on the Finnish front for some reason, can't recall the rationale right now. Success was a bit lackluster, considering the goals and the effort expended, due to strong defense and outstanding use of artillery. (Recently watched a nice old documentaries about the Karelian and Tali-Ihantala battles.) Finnish losses were unusually heavy though and the situation was dire for the Finnish army - with the Allied landing earlier and Germany's grip on North-East Europe loosening, Finland decided it was a good time to surrender, very quickly after Operation Bagration.

*) Incorrect, see the reply from RoyalColor below

Bait taken :mrgreen:
The timing of the strategic offensive against Finland made good sense to Stalin, as leaving the Finns to the outskirts of recently relieved Leningrad tied down a lot of Soviet forces needed elsewhere.

At the same time it enabled him to uphold the inter-Allied deal of starting a major offensive in conjuction with the Normandy landings - while giving the Germans time to relocate forces to the Western Front.

And do note that after Tali-Ihantala and Ilomantsi had stopped the twin offensives before the 1940 borders, Stalin decided that enforcing the earlier demands for unconditional surrender and occupation would take too much critical time - Berlin was much more important than Helsinki. Hence Finland was the only Axis minor that avoided occupation and signed an armistice instead of a surrender.

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Wed 5 Dec 2018 12:28

Any chance to add Romania in SD 2?

Jassy-Khisinev offensive took place in the time spawn of Bagration.

Some unique weaponry for 1944 may be added like75 mm Resita AT gun (best medium AT gun of the WW2), Czech equipment manufactured in Romania, local SPGs from French and Russian tanks, local built fighter-bomber IAR-80/81, [url+https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAR_79]IAR-79[/url] bomber, and some different type of divisions to pick from (Armored, Cavalry, Infantry, Mountain).

kvadrat spoon rest
Staff Sergeant

Postby kvadrat spoon rest » Wed 5 Dec 2018 16:46

Pordy wrote:Dear Developers!

In the trailer moovie, when i saw those hungarian vehicles i was very excited.

Best Regards

I like your war museum in Budapest, but is there another museum in Hungary with tanks and aircraft to see?