The pre alpha in engine trailer is out.

Destraex
Sergeant Major of the Army

The pre alpha in engine trailer is out.

Postby Destraex » Wed 29 Aug 2018 15:36

I like the campaign map. But am unsure about it literally looking like a map. I guess I am used to total war where maps are literally like scrolling over the terrain from the air. But is it meant to show undulation? I see a lot of plateaus like air land battle had but they were really only like levels of a car park. You are on level one or two and never in between essentially.

Looks to me like the air battle is different and separate from the land battle pieces on the campaign map which is good. But how does this fit in with the deck system which includes organic air support for each division?

That hangar view at the start looks bare and drab and the vehicles on their own very low resolution. Is this the vaunted armoury? Just a vehicle 3D view? I thought steel division did that? Or can you compare two divisions vehicles?

Is the campaign wego or traditional turn based? Do units only get to travel on roads? Does the terrain on the campaign map reflect the zoomed in tactical map? Or is each battle basically connected by a road so their is no flanking enemy positions except via road? I don’t see any supply columns on th campaign map? Is supply a thing? Will their be horse drawn supply to n the csmps Gun map and will it be capturable?

https://youtu.be/CN1rF6Y4X7Y

Destraex

Re: The pre alpha in engine trailer is out.

Postby Destraex » Thu 30 Aug 2018 02:16

BTW don't get me wrong;;;

Notwithstanding any unforeseen circumstances I will be a pre-order buyer for this. #1 is probably my favourite game of the last year.
But I had "hoped" to see some improvement on the things i pointed out about the last title when it came out. There were major problems with terrain that was not flat not just because it was not flat, but because the game had no idea about it both when it came to AI and when it came to not being able to depress cannons. You can see in the screenshots that units still seem to shoot straight ahead when on high ground.

ITz_GERMAN_stRATig
Sergeant

Postby ITz_GERMAN_stRATig » Thu 30 Aug 2018 10:51

Firing on the move is a thing around 0:58 to 0:59. just a small clip

Destraex

Postby Destraex » Thu 30 Aug 2018 11:44

Firing on the move has always been a thing for some tanks in SD44? They just do not do it accurately in ww2.

ITz_GERMAN_stRATig
Sergeant

Postby ITz_GERMAN_stRATig » Thu 30 Aug 2018 11:59

Not for normal tanks only autocannons
hi

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Thu 30 Aug 2018 13:02

Looks pretty as ever.

Hills seem to be back to WG:EE style.

Pre-alpha sounds like we're still a bit aways from the release :|

KampfKeksKrieger

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Fri 31 Aug 2018 13:43

varis wrote:Looks pretty as ever.

Hills seem to be back to WG:EE style.

Pre-alpha sounds like we're still a bit aways from the release :|

Hence they need some board maps for the round based layer scenarios for multiplayer. (can be parts of the campaign maps, or the whole map but just parts accessible/focus of the actual match).

I would be enough with 3 1v1 board maps, 6-10 sectors to move and 3-5 divisions that you make per deck. (or given or other divisions) And they could just release it as a test for 1v1, and if the people like, they can expand. So they dont need so much effort that can win or loose. For me the greatest feature of SD2 :mrgreen:

Destraex

Postby Destraex » Fri 31 Aug 2018 15:16

I hope they are not far off. SD44 came out shortly after it was announced.

PapaYankee
Master Sergeant

Postby PapaYankee » Fri 31 Aug 2018 17:57

It's in-game. All the images were shot using the in-game camera. No gameplay trailer yet, but we're getting there.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Fri 31 Aug 2018 19:50

Destraex wrote:I hope they are not far off. SD44 came out shortly after it was announced.

Short is always relative to how much you want it I guess.