2019 Release :( Let us hope some sort of pre-order BETA is much earlier

varis
Brigadier

Re: 2019 Release :( Let us hope some sort of pre-order BETA is much earlier

Postby varis » Mon 10 Sep 2018 12:26

Destraex wrote:Now that got me thinking about other games that people have said to wait patiently for lately. The amount of games that come out as alpha for years and never really fully releasing. The communities mostly gone by the time they do because they have either failed or the community has migrated to other games. The kickstarters that promise and make you wait for things they do not really have the skill to finish or because the teams are so small as to take years to achieve what a professional team would do very quickly.

Think of the developer profile a bit further. Individual developers, small teams, or teams with unconvincing/short CVs do early access and kick starter, because they can't get the money otherwise. Eugen is well established and actually a fairly large studio already. Plus I can't see how SD2 as a product/project would entail a significant risk over the X number of games that were roughly similar. They would have access to other sources of funding, perhaps even including accumulated past profits.

Destraex
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Destraex » Tue 11 Sep 2018 11:42

Well fingers crossed then :)
I don't want to get my hopes up.

KampfKeksKrieger

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Wed 19 Sep 2018 18:02

They annouce the game, to have the people know what they are doing. They do marketing early enough, so the people get informed and - as you see - warm for the meal.

Now if you think that they produce the same game everytime, there is no real reason why you should ever go away from first wargame.

Next thing: Eugen has a pretty comfortable position: They can do what they want and everyone buys it, because they are lonely in the strategy market, the time is too well passed and its difficult to get a game that is better than the former year 2000 games.

Or definetely not wanted. There could be much better things in strategy games. Its less the people who dont take the hand if someone goes ahead. They just dont get informed, what you can do in a strategy game. I mean something more than the same candle every christmas.

So for the copain'y its a save move to announce what is neccessary and then sit back and take your time for the actual task.

They also produce 2 titles, which is appropriate for producers, because you need a save project after one project is released.
its mandatory usually.

Now, while its the easy way for eugen (except for money, if they have a year of more time, it doesnt make their life richer and saver), its not the most comfortable way for players. - The direct result to direct action. Buying time can also make the people aware of the emtpy space in the market.

Yes I have some games, and I can play them - but actually I am waiting for something more. the game sector is NOT saturated at the moment. This is a dangerous waiting for the players. Many get unsettled and start to 'void around'.

Aunt Annigret isnt visiting them anymore, so they have to learn cooking now themselves.

As for me, I grow much power from the additional waiting time everywhere, and the waiting time increases each week by 2 additional weeks, so I get very much time to do additional research... to get in position.

And if people get into position, it can be dangerous for somebody.

HansPeter1981
Corporal

Postby HansPeter1981 » Thu 20 Sep 2018 01:58

Something else to consider, especially in the multiplayer sector where player base is usually moving to the successor title. I.e. Once RD was released how many players would stick to ALB, super small number.

So means SD2 is SD's direct competitor. Once you release SD2 you kill SD N44's player base. If the single player mode sucks the game wont sell anymore.

If you can milk the cow until 2019 why replace it now.

Destraex

Postby Destraex » Sun 23 Sep 2018 03:40

Hans. Perhaps they are not as evil corporate greed as you imagine. Which is why they come up with such amazing new mechanics for their games while keeping them feeling realistic.

Panzerspahwagen85
Warrant Officer

Postby Panzerspahwagen85 » Mon 8 Oct 2018 03:20

I've been in all the betas since wee and preordered the lot, sd included.

There is no way I'm buying this at release or anywhere near full price, rd was mismanaged and sd never even got going, the games redeeming features were completely overshadowed by the lack of balancing. Why would this be any different when they didn't even fix the first iteration of sd?

I really wanted to like sd, and I hope they can turn things around and make it better; but their trackrecord indicates disappointment is imminent.

eon2k
Private

Postby eon2k » Tue 30 Oct 2018 21:42

2019 release on it take your time when it come it comes. We want for final stable release. All the best Eugen..
8-)

KampfKeksKrieger

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Mon 5 Nov 2018 18:24

Steel division is great.

It HAS its players and enough and I feel very welcome there to play.
It is from games side very okay. Now where comes the backdraw?

The people are sticking to more old things and dont have much orientation. So they move slower, and are mor elazy to play test. They have less initial speed, and the 'hyper drive' that former games had, must more and more be replaced by the players own walk speed.

The marketing flow did work out wonders here, now we have many players are being let alone, the travel to jerusalem has less chairs.

It just takes more time, but THIS game, SD44 will be popular. Not 50.000 daily, but maybe 500.
SD2 will be a bit larger, but not too long, for even newer projects. still, SD44 is easier to learn, and not that overhelming because SD2 will have larger scale. So using few units will be more easy (easier, more easy sounds more accurate here to point it out, because I want to say it with stress!)

The growing number of players will be the large numbers, that dont even know yet about Wargame and Eugen too much, the majority didnt even buy it. (only due to unknowledge of any games; neutral opinions relation to it). 80% of the wargame /Eugen players are also not active. But they will. They will know why.