Dev Diary #1: Army General, a New Game within the Game

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Dev Diary #1: Army General, a New Game within the Game

Postby Mike » Thu 29 Nov 2018 20:02

PapaYankee wrote:
Sigirdiwarth wrote:Oh hey, you changed the imperial eagle on the cap. Nice!

Thanks for noticing ;)

Any idea when we could see another dev diary? Curious if you have anything to show us soonish? :D
Courtesy of KattiValk

kvadrat spoon rest
Staff Sergeant

Postby kvadrat spoon rest » Wed 5 Dec 2018 16:59

Maybe you could do dev diaries on single units (tank, squad, aircraft, etc.) on a weekly basis that are shorter and easier to write and keep us unwashed heathens at bay, and then longer dev diaries with game mechanics and divisions less frequently.

I'd be happy with a dev diary that has a single screenshot of an IL-2 variant with a basic description of how it's modeled in the game (i.e. this particular one is a tank destroyer, this other one might be a light bomber, etc.) or an assault pioneer squad or assault gun or something. I'm sure most prospective players are familiar with German stuff, but maybe not so familiar with the Soviet or Hungarian (or other nations) equipment. These dev diaries might pique some interest in the otherwise less glamorous Axis allies.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Fri 7 Dec 2018 00:16

kvadrat spoon rest wrote:Maybe you could do dev diaries on single units (tank, squad, aircraft, etc.) on a weekly basis that are shorter and easier to write and keep us unwashed heathens at bay, and then longer dev diaries with game mechanics and divisions less frequently.

I'd be happy with a dev diary that has a single screenshot of an IL-2 variant with a basic description of how it's modeled in the game (i.e. this particular one is a tank destroyer, this other one might be a light bomber, etc.) or an assault pioneer squad or assault gun or something. I'm sure most prospective players are familiar with German stuff, but maybe not so familiar with the Soviet or Hungarian (or other nations) equipment. These dev diaries might pique some interest in the otherwise less glamorous Axis allies.

For Wargame, they would do a unit of the day for hype on lead up to release. I don't think they did this for Steel Division though.
Courtesy of KattiValk