HQ battalions?

kvadrat spoon rest
Sergeant First-Class

HQ battalions?

Postby kvadrat spoon rest » Mon 7 Jan 2019 22:20

Hi again,

I asked this on Steam but I suspect it got lost in the noise...

Can you explain the HQ battalion a little bit more? I don't quite understand what it does. What are 'other combat troops'? Is that where a Tiger platoon might be if your combat battalion is an infantry battalion? What kind of units does it provide? Does it represent a division or regiment HQ?

Destraex
Warrant Officer

Re: HQ battalions?

Postby Destraex » Tue 8 Jan 2019 01:01

This is the opposite to steam. No noise at all. But deafness.
Supposedly Reddit is where the action is for this developer now, which is easier for them but harder for us. Because I assume it means they can just answer "real time" when they choose. Jump out and in whenever they want. Trendy sure. But I would hate to try to find something a year later on that site. It reminds me of our societal trend in news media. Low quality, brief, but to the minute news. Like nobody has an attention span.

holoween
Warrant Officer

Postby holoween » Tue 8 Jan 2019 02:11

If they want to make reddit their main communication thats fine but then they should say so.

Im far more put off by the lack of any usefull information given.
All dev diaries are written in exactly the same form. 1st a paragraph on how they listen to community feedback, then a few that tell you absolutely nothing new if you ever played wargame or steel division.

Destraex
Warrant Officer

Postby Destraex » Tue 8 Jan 2019 10:41

I think their has been at least one thing for feedback on SD2 that was reddit only.
But yes. So far the information has simply been very teaser oriented with very little detail.
I am waiting to see or at least hear about gameplay before ordering because I am worried they will dumb down or screw up a major mechanic turning it less into a wargame and more into an RTS that is more for a broader audience and thus less focussed and more basic.

holoween
Warrant Officer

Postby holoween » Tue 8 Jan 2019 16:04

If they just want to release teasers then they should just call them that rather than dev diaries.

I wasnt originally worried about them screwing up mechanics but the way theyre communicating has made me woried.
At this point im not sure why they are behaving the way they do.

Are they still too early in the development to share anything?
Are they simply trying to market exclusively to players who never heard of wargame or steel division?
Or do they have so little faith in the changes they made that they would rather hide them?

Return to “Steel Division 2”