Possible DLC for Steel Division 2 with Romanian Armed Forces of WW2

KiwiBirb
Private

Re: Possible DLC for Steel Division 2 with Romanian Armed Forces of WW2

Postby KiwiBirb » Fri 19 Jun 2020 08:55

Check it out! The Romanians are coming to Steel division! :lol: :lol:

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/919640/view/2447091973454935772?l=romanian

I really enjoyed reading your research, very well written!

One thing: you mentioned that my favorite afv(besides the JagdPanther), the Panzer IV/70, was deployed in the fighting. Do you have any sources on their deployment I could continue reading?

2 more Romanian divisions will be revealed soon, and I have my fingers crossed that they will have the panzer IV/70 in their ranks!

Once again, thanks for your amazing work

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Possible DLC for Steel Division 2 with Romanian Armed Forces of WW2

Postby steppewolf » Thu 25 Jun 2020 10:44

KiwiBirb wrote:Check it out! The Romanians are coming to Steel division! :lol: :lol:

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/919640/view/2447091973454935772?l=romanian

I really enjoyed reading your research, very well written!

One thing: you mentioned that my favorite afv(besides the JagdPanther), the Panzer IV/70, was deployed in the fighting. Do you have any sources on their deployment I could continue reading?

2 more Romanian divisions will be revealed soon, and I have my fingers crossed that they will have the panzer IV/70 in their ranks!

Once again, thanks for your amazing work

Finally Romania in one of Eugen's game, can't wait! :D

Thank you, I am glad you like it! But please keep in mind that some parts of this research are made when SD2 didn't even come out, was only the theme of Eastern Front announced so it is not updated according with the game mechanics (some load-outs) the latest findings...so some inaccuracies may occur. The main difficulty is that many documents of Romanian units involved in Iasi-Chisinau operation were lost so one book focusing on this battle from Romanian side wasn't available and generally except some Russian studies and Glantz's study of battles before 20th August, there is little literature available. So Eugen with its research make some pioneer work as I know only 1 PC game where this operation is depicted.

About JgdPz IV/70 , as far as I know these were available for 13th Panzer only after the war moved in Transylvania and Hungary. I did a lot of research trying to find some Hetzers (to resemble the Maresal TD :D) to propose to add it to a Romanian division but I couldn't find any nor other late war TD models like JgdPz IV/70. So I doubt we'll see it ...

But I presume there will be plenty of planes/armor/infantry weapons that you won't see with other nations.

I don't exactly remember where I mentioned (I'll check, I presume related with 13 PzDiv.) but based on my latest findings which are not all written there, I do not think those TDs were available at that moment.

Generally Axis side in Iasi-Chisinau have its best armored division moved up North after Bagration so expect plenty of medium armor (Pz. IV, Stug), a lot of light armor and some Nashorns.

Return to “Steel Division 2”