SD2 DLC Ideas

PanzerVillari
Corporal

SD2 DLC Ideas

Postby PanzerVillari » Wed 20 Feb 2019 16:42

Ok everyone and the Devs. I have been thinking about this for a while now. With the hype and rework of SD2 there is a big window of opportunity and greatness. Lets break everything down from my point of view.

I made the mod "Divisions in Normandy" for the original SD44. The main reason for me doing this is the lack of playable divisions and also the mix of all the units in the game. I wanted variety and customization. Now of course the variety came with my mod and the customization was me modding my own divisions. SD2 seems to have that out of the way.

Another issue was the non interactive campaign map. I mean if you are going to specify a campaign in the title, I thought movable divisions on a map and beach landing scenarios. But we failed to get that. SD2 looks promising in the campaign department. Everyone knows of the expected and shortcoming of SD44. I will spare you the lists.

So my point is SD2 doesn't have the campaign in the title. That is a positive sign right there. Now the base game is Army Group Center and the massive Soviet assault against it. With the title being open the DLCs can be just about anything. My thoughts lead to Army Group North and South. The Finnish Front and even Italy. A dream might be Japan but one can dream. So the the Devs and the players of SD44 and SD2. Please do not get narrow minded and only focus on the Soviet campaign. I want to see a more of WWII with the way this game plays.

Maybe a DLC of Italian Theater divisions and a campaign. Maybe the story of Army Group South's retreats. Maybe something beyond the overall story of just Operation Bagration. Seeing the SD44 divisions added to the game is a great sign. Adding a few of the maps would be a delightful sight as well. All I am asking is not to get too locked up with what could possibly be the best WWII RTS with a few DLCs and add-ons for the community. It could be a WWII Wargame. Let me know what you think about the idea of SD44 maps and DLCs that hold a different campaign or theater/front.

Thanks,
-PanzerVillari

kvadrat spoon rest
Staff Sergeant

Re: SD2 DLC Ideas

Postby kvadrat spoon rest » Wed 20 Feb 2019 18:14

I'm fine with Steel Division 3 being Italy or North Africa or the Adrennes or wherever, and SD4 being whatever other campaign they wanna do. Especially if the DLCs from those games bring in SD44 and SD2 divisions and maps to play with.

Destraex
Warrant Officer

Postby Destraex » Thu 21 Feb 2019 00:18

I just want improved more realistic mechanics. I went off total war when they got big enough that the marketing departments seemed to start heading a different direction. They seemed to head towards crowd pleasing action mechanics that meant nothing and furthered the game towards where other games had gone before. In addition they started cheesy campaign mechanics just to make things what they considered fun. Combat is now just a big mess. It's no better than total war 1 era games for combat, if not worse. SD does not want to head down that path.

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Thu 21 Feb 2019 08:25

the logical path to Eastern Front is to add Romanian and Finnish divisions so that's what I would like to see.

as interesting as it was the Pacific front, it does not justify its addition because lack of tanks hence those divisions would not be suited for multiplayer. I prefer to keep it Eastern front and later add some Western front small operations to add divisions.

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Thu 21 Feb 2019 21:59

steppewolf wrote:as interesting as it was the Pacific front, ...

If anyone even just tries to suggest the inclusion of navy into SD I am going to smack that person over their head with Reichsadler or a hammer. (Not looking at you in particular)

matrin
Command Sergeant Major

Postby matrin » Fri 22 Feb 2019 09:09

Navy would be cool if they actually put more than 30 minutes of effort into it. An amphibious landing game mode would be pretty epic if implemented correctly with proper asymmetric balance, but that would have to be the CORE focus of the game, not a peripheral.

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Fri 22 Feb 2019 19:20

matrin wrote:Navy would be cool if they actually put more than 30 minutes of effort into it. An amphibious landing game mode would be pretty epic if implemented correctly with proper asymmetric balance, but that would have to be the CORE focus of the game, not a peripheral.

Shhhhhhh. Or I'm hitting you with a hammer.

Henrymep
Private First-Class

View first unread post

Postby Henrymep » Sun 17 Mar 2019 15:57

Where am i looking for it? We cant see a View first unread post. Got it. Its very good. What was there before? A&M