general feedbeck

Nathan des Lessings
Sergeant First-Class

Re: general feedbeck

Postby Nathan des Lessings » Sun 17 Mar 2019 20:08

matrin wrote:
Nathan des Lessings wrote:
matrin wrote:Trucks disappearing was a simple solution to a huge problem in Wargame.

it was a horrible solution to something what wasn't a problem at all.

I'm sorry, did you even play Airland Battle or Red Dragon? Trucks did one of three things, 40% of the time, they got put into essentially a motor pool somewhere not in the way, 55% of the time they got fast moved down a road to draw fire or distract ATGM/Plane/Arty/Tank fire in a super cheese strat that has no place in any game, and the other 5% they maybe got used to ferry troops that had fallen behind the combat or just got blown up transporting the troops in the first place. I do not miss trucks at all, get some half tracks, use your empty supply trucks, it's not rocket science. If you don't have those things, then congratulations welcome to WW2 be glad your troops didn't half to walk from their spawn.

I'm sorry but in Wargame you didn't have Paks which could only be pulled with 1 km/h...
You had only selfpropelled arty. It would be great if there was simply a button to put it back into the drive mode, if staying trucks are impossible.
Wer kämpft, kann verlieren. Wer nicht kämpft, hat schon verloren.

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Sun 17 Mar 2019 20:51

Nathan des Lessings wrote:I'm sorry but in Wargame you didn't have Paks which could only be pulled with 1 km/h...
You had only selfpropelled arty. It would be great if there was simply a button to put it back into the drive mode, if staying trucks are impossible.

Use your supply trucks and other vehicles that can pull things in that case.

Nathan des Lessings
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Nathan des Lessings » Sun 17 Mar 2019 21:08

praslovan wrote:Use your supply trucks and other vehicles that can pull things in that case.

Yep, but why makeing it that hard /microintensive (and a little bit unrealistic), when you could have it much easier?

Senseo1990
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Senseo1990 » Mon 18 Mar 2019 18:25

praslovan wrote:Use your supply trucks and other vehicles that can pull things in that case.

Yep, but why makeing it that hard /microintensive (and a little bit unrealistic), when you could have it much easier?

Trucks spawning out of nowhere with the press of a button would be even more unrealistic.

Nathan des Lessings
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Nathan des Lessings » Tue 19 Mar 2019 23:11

Senseo1990 wrote:

Trucks spawning out of nowhere with the press of a button would be even more unrealistic.

I would prefere it, if they would simply stay where they are....

kvadrat spoon rest
Sergeant First-Class

Postby kvadrat spoon rest » Tue 19 Mar 2019 23:48

How is that any easier? You're doing the same thing.

von Luck
Sergeant First-Class

Postby von Luck » Fri 29 Mar 2019 10:16

despite the anguished cries to the contrary the truck "problem" is not a problem at all. Basic trucks on the cheap disappear but if you desire more robust transports those too are available now - you have but to select them when you pick your transports.

Trucks aside I feel as though SDII does a poor job of representing the granularity that Wargame could supply when it comes to a variety of units and prices - WWII does not have the luxury of 50 some odd years of cold war to draw upon. As such with the new "grand scale" of combat being used in the present iteration of the game we see absurd numbers of vehicles like Tiger I's and Panthers being thrown into the front. Unlike previous Wargame titles Tiger or Panther spam isn't similar to T55 Spam or even T72/T64 Spam - these vehicles are more representative of apex units. As such I feel the game is in a very awkward place where players freely spam out these high impact units. Having only played a handful of games and only having access to the two divisions I don't want to speak too much to balance issues between axis and allies, however, feel obliged to voice my dissatisfaction with the present game play. SDII has devolved into a game where players spam out vehicles more than any title before it and unlike those prior titles the top vehicles are more affordable than ever.

bemoaning aside I feel this could be resolved by tweaking income, cost of vehicles, and quantity per card to make it more difficult to spam. I feel as though the game would greatly benefit from having fewer of these vehicles in a given match.

I knew that SDII would be a departure for SD44 however this is a grand gamble and I hope the game play can be ironed out and made more palatable.

von Luck

Return to “Steel Division 2”