HELP NEEDED!

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

HELP NEEDED!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 20 Mar 2019 23:04

Greetings to you fellow wargamers, historians, military geeks, ...

I come before you today seeking help.
For those of you owning SD1, you know that we've reproduced each historical division's unique coat-of-arms, a cool historical feature shared by both sides in Normandy. And while the German divisions in the East are also featuring their unique emblems, such is unfortunately not the case for the Soviets ... and Hungarians. :(

Therefore, we have chosen to represent Soviet infantry/cavalry divisions with their battle standards, such as this:
Image Image Image
Respectively, 26th & 44th Guards Rifle Divisions and 9th Guards Cavalry Division (Kuban Cossacks).

By chance, their armored/mobile corps, although they didn't have an official coat-of-arms, used to identify their vehicles with cool tactical markings which we have chosen to use in the same way as the Western nations' emblems:
Image Image Image
Respectively, 3rd Guards Mechanized Corps, 2nd & 3rd Guards Tank Corps

The problem is ... I can't find all those I need. Especially the following:
* Soviet 29th Tank Corps' one
* Hungarian 1st Cavalry Division
* Hungarian 12th Reserve Division
* ... and regarding the latter, I have also no portrait of its commander, general Béla Németh.

If someone among you happened to know where to find those elements, I'll be very thankful.

47andrej
Lieutenant

Re: HELP NEEDED!

Postby 47andrej » Thu 21 Mar 2019 00:48

29th Tank Corps
http://nasledie-sluck.by/ru/sluchina/114/3543/3632/
Second and 6th photo shows tactical marking of 29th. Its "A" fraction stroke 3 - most probably its number (may be for third batalion) or maybe letter "З" for "Знаменский" - "Znamenskiy" its honorable Corps title given 1943, for liberation of city "Znamenka"

Not as good as from other Corps, but still.

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 21 Mar 2019 09:59

Thanks a lot. :D

47andrej wrote:Not as good as from other Corps, but still.

Still better than a generic red star.

Dnestr
Sergeant

Postby Dnestr » Thu 21 Mar 2019 16:05

On the right are the symbols on the technique of the 26th Guards Tank Brigade, which was part of the 2nd Guards Corps. On the left are the symbols of the 25th Guards Tank Brigade, which was part of the 29th Tank Corps. I circled in red markings at the time of operation "Bagration". They can be used as a skin for the equipment included in these enclosures. Image

I also found the banner of the 9th Guards Kuban Cossack Cavalry Division. Image
It is written in the upper part of the "Death to the German invaders", and in the lower part is the "9th Guards Kuban Cossack Cavalry Division"

Dnestr
Sergeant

Postby Dnestr » Thu 21 Mar 2019 16:14

On the reverse side is written "For our Soviet Motherland" USSR.

Lightrare
Private

Postby Lightrare » Thu 21 Mar 2019 16:18

Dnestr
Sergeant

Postby Dnestr » Thu 21 Mar 2019 16:56

There was no general designation of the 29th such corps on the vehicle, like other corps, but there were designations of the brigades that fought as part of the corps. According to this, if you want to know what emblems to put on the hull technique, find out which teams fought in the hull. And as the emblem of the hull, I think you have come up with the right idea to use the banner. By the way, as the corps received awards, images of these awards were added from top to bottom on the banner. For example, the ordin of Lenin, the ordin of Suvorov. For example, the 29th tank corps at the time of operation "Bagration" had the following awards: the Order of Lenin, the Order of the Red Banner, the Order of Suvorov, 2 degrees. I did about photoshop, as it usually seemed.

Dnestr
Sergeant

Postby Dnestr » Thu 21 Mar 2019 16:59

Sorry for my English, if something is written incorrectly) :D

Dnestr
Sergeant

Postby Dnestr » Thu 21 Mar 2019 17:03

Well, the hammer and sickle should be inside the star, but I did not have time to do it, sorry) This is just a schematic illustration.

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 21 Mar 2019 17:27

Dnestr wrote:On the right are the symbols on the technique of the 26th Guards Tank Brigade, which was part of the 2nd Guards Corps. On the left are the symbols of the 25th Guards Tank Brigade, which was part of the 29th Tank Corps. I circled in red markings at the time of operation "Bagration".

Thanks.

I knew about the 2nd Guards Tank Corps' "arrow" symbol, but it is strange that it appears also on the 29GT.
It is noted here:

Or would the arrow be generic to all/several tank corps? :(

Lightrare wrote:Also try this http://wio.ru/tank/oz/oz-en.htm.

I know this website, it's been my main source of Soviet markings ... ;)

Return to “Steel Division 2”