Dnestr
Sergeant

Re: HELP NEEDED!

Postby Dnestr » Thu 21 Mar 2019 18:12

All that I found on the 29th tank corps, it consisted of:
25th tank brigade
31st Panzer Brigade
32nd Tank Brigade
(As part of which were tanks, the designations of which we need)
There was already a link to the photo of the tanks of the 29th tank corps, I found a couple more. Yes, there were arrows mostly, but not always. Here is a photo, where on tanks letters with numbers. Another found photo M10 Vulverin.
My source (http://tankfront.ru/ussr/photo/tk29.html#)
The inscription under the photo reads: American SAU M10 29th Tank Corps, 5th Guards Tank Army, 3rd Belorussian Front, July 1944 (this is one of the few photos of this rare car)

Dnestr
Sergeant

Postby Dnestr » Thu 21 Mar 2019 18:23

Dnestr
Sergeant

Postby Dnestr » Thu 21 Mar 2019 19:06

Or would the arrow be generic to all/several tank corps? :(

Lightrare wrote:Also try this http://wio.ru/tank/oz/oz-en.htm.

I know this website, it's been my main source of Soviet markings ... ;)[/quote]

I found an error in the message above, the fact is that the 25th tank brigade was fighting in the 29th tank corps, and the 25th guards tank brigade in the 2nd tank corps was fighting, it was different brigades. So only the 2nd Tank Corps had arrows. I was wrong. :?

Dnestr
Sergeant

Postby Dnestr » Thu 21 Mar 2019 19:14

In the 2nd Guards Tank Corps, the tactical sign of the compound was an arrow with a letter of the Cyrillic alphabet above it. The letter indicated the brigade number: A - 4th Guards. TBR., B - 25th Guards. TBR., И - 26th Guards. TBR Under the "arrow" applied personal tactical number of the tank (T34 / 85 - "236"). From the number "100" began the numbers of tanks of the 4th Guards. TBR., From the number "200" - the 25th, from the number "300" - 26, although the last rule was not always followed.

Dnestr
Sergeant

Postby Dnestr » Thu 21 Mar 2019 19:22

I will continue to look for information. You are interested in this issue)

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 21 Mar 2019 19:22

Dnestr wrote:So only the 2nd Tank Corps had arrows. I was wrong. :?

Thanks for the confirmation. :)

kvadrat spoon rest
Sergeant First-Class

Postby kvadrat spoon rest » Sat 23 Mar 2019 17:03

So I've been diving through more Hungarian sources than I ever thought I would. I've skimmed more books and looked at more pictures than I should have... and I came up with nothing that provides a unique emblem for either the Hungarian 1st Cavalry Division or the 12th Reserve Division. Even for the WWI cavalry I don't see a clear division insignia. Everything seems to be regimental or, for the tanks, branch focused.

I do have a suggestion, though. Wikipedia (jeebus help me) has wartime infantry battle colors and a cavalry standard for the Royal Hungarian Army. Might these work, respectively, for the reserve division and the cavalry division? The major difference appears to be the infantry colors are rectangular and the cavalry is square. Also, here's a generic division headquarters standard.

A whole bunch of other Hungarian flags are also shown on Hungarian wikipedia at this page. I see armored and cavalry flags from WWII, but they appear to be brigade and regiment things. Ditto with the infantry. Maybe the Hungarians didn't use divisional emblems at all? They are fairly unique, culturally, and their military traditions might not include them.

Jeffjn
Private First-Class

Postby Jeffjn » Thu 2 May 2019 16:26

Are you still looking for a picture about Béla Németh? If yes, please let me know I think I can get it.

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 2 May 2019 16:37

Jeffjn wrote:Are you still looking for a picture about Béla Németh? If yes, please let me know I think I can get it.

We still are.
If you've got one, we would be very glad.

And if you have your way among Hungarian archives, we are also looking for a clear picture of captain Jozsef Kovacs, commander of the fighter squadron 102/1 FS "Pumas". ;)

Jeffjn
Private First-Class

Postby Jeffjn » Thu 2 May 2019 17:18

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Jeffjn wrote:Are you still looking for a picture about Béla Németh? If yes, please let me know I think I can get it.

We still are.
If you've got one, we would be very glad.

And if you have your way among Hungarian archives, we are also looking for a clear picture of captain Jozsef Kovacs, commander of the fighter squadron 102/1 FS "Pumas". ;)

Here it is. These are not the best photos but that's all I got.
Attachments
Kovács József.jpg
Kovács József.jpg (113.76 KiB) Viewed 279 times
542 Németh Béla.png
542 Németh Béla.png (49.3 KiB) Viewed 279 times

Return to “Steel Division 2”